Old 02-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
I took the Voodoo patch off my bag. Can't tell that it was ever there. Just wasn't a fan. I'm sure you can do it to the backpack too. Albeit a little more labor intensive.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 8
Eh, I think Voodoo knows they're the face of the "younger demo" in disc golf bag makers. Along with Gorilla Boy, they're the only ones that don't have disc-centric names. I'm not including disc makers that also happen to make bags, like Innova or Latitude. Their marketing mascot is a voodoo doll. It's edgier than just a logo like Grip, Hyzerbomb, Big Hyzer, etc. It almost suggests wishing ill will on your opponents. Not exactly a logo for the "spirit of competition." That's not likely on a player's mind when they support Voodoo, but my money would be on that marketing concept not being too far from the truth. Luckily they also make a great product, so whether you're a fan of the little seemingly-dead voodoo doll rubber stamped on your bag or not, it shouldn't outweigh what the bag offers on its own merits.

Or, you can just remove it like Duff did. Not sure that will be an option for the spine though. It looks screen-printed on.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

How disappointing would it be if it turned out to be Mahal-ish and just basically be a regular Voodoo bag with a backpack back attached? lol
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 PM

Courses Played: 7
I think the spine looks kinda cool, although it isn't a big deal either way. If I didn't like it and wanted a Spinal Tap I would just find a way to remove/cover it.

Voodoo(and all other bag manufacturers) laugh themselves all the way to the bank when they read the comments from all the haters "I'll never buy a Voodoo product, they pissed me off!" Please. If anyone has ever heard the saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity" this is ABSOLUTELY true when it comes to the retail market. The only thing all you whiny little bit€hes accomplish is to increase their product awareness. So if you wouldn't buy Voodoo and post about it, good job, you just helped Voodoo sell out this bag.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 62
I like what I see so far.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Got a message from Voodoo saying that preorders won't open until next month sometime...
Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.4
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
Got a message from Voodoo saying that preorders won't open until next month sometime...
I would bet these will make into peoples' hands in April or May.

Not a bad time to release a new bag, but the whole super slow release is kind of lame.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot Jack View Post
I think the spine looks kinda cool, although it isn't a big deal either way. If I didn't like it and wanted a Spinal Tap I would just find a way to remove/cover it.

Voodoo(and all other bag manufacturers) laugh themselves all the way to the bank when they read the comments from all the haters "I'll never buy a Voodoo product, they pissed me off!" Please. If anyone has ever heard the saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity" this is ABSOLUTELY true when it comes to the retail market. The only thing all you whiny little bit€hes accomplish is to increase their product awareness. So if you wouldn't buy Voodoo and post about it, good job, you just helped Voodoo sell out this bag.
Well said!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
How disappointing would it be if it turned out to be Mahal-ish and just basically be a regular Voodoo bag with a backpack back attached? lol
whats wrong with that?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlurk View Post
whats wrong with that?
Because for half the price I could buy a Karma and have the same functionality? I'm looking for something new and interesting.

Obviously I'm not suggesting this is what we're getting. It was just a chuckle in my head.