Vitals:
couple years of ultimate, DG since 12 or 13
mostly RHBH, solid FH/OH when appropriate
Consistent Distance(s): Titanic - 275'+, JLS - 375'+, Flow - 430'+

Optional:
male
no injuries
other sport proficiencies: baseball, ultimate, soccer(legs/fluency),
skating/snowboarding/surfing(balance/weightshift), yada..

===================

Drivers:
175.1 FR Pinnacle Rampage (8/10) - headwind max D, utility skips etc...rarely use
174.1 Opto Flow (8/10) - max D, only throw it on open holes
171.4 Champ Banshee (8/10) - hey old friend. dropped these a while back and am happy to have returned
172.4 Q-JLS (7/10) - workhorse driver

Mids:
179.7 FLX Drone (7/10) - slower overstable duties
176 Pro-D Drone (6/10) - significantly less stable than your average Drone
178.3 DX ontario Cobra (7/10) - understable line shaper..hyzerflips, mid rollers, finesse flex shots, etc.

Putters:
174.8 ESP Titanic (8/10) - driving putter
171.2 4chain [hard] Magnet (6/10) - main putter
173.2 Pro Birdie (8/10) - turbo putts or short grenades.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: RHBH
What do you use for turnovers or annys? Or can you FH those usually? You don't really carry a particularly flippy driver unless the JLS is just that workable.

What happens if your D Drone gets messed up? Would it take forever to beat a new one in? Seems like it would just be easier to throw a Buzzz, Roc, Qms, whatever stable disc.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 21
Honestly the JLS is just that workable...and don't forget at one point in time the Cobra was the longest disc on the market! Seriously though, a flat release with power (or an anny with less juice) will more than suffice. FH definitely comes into play as well but short answer a worn QJ has plenty of turn for someone with 400'+ golf line distance.

I don't use the D Drone as a go-to-stable mid, it's merely a Drone I can power down on or stretch high flex shots with - things of that nature. Another factor is I love driving with my Titanic which can take as much power as any other putter on the market. I've thrown just about every mid out there and was always a Buzzz guy [in relation to Buzzz v. Roc]. Heavy Opto Fuses had my heart for a while, but the "+" rim that most Lat64 discs have create issues with my forehand and overhand - same reason I no longer throw the xXx.

Another thing that gets me is too many options...I'm so damn indecisive from my over-analytical tendencies and can't have discs that are too similar to each other. My brain down right hurts when I play with guys that carry 5 Rocs or Destroyers or whatever other mold it is.

Long story short (South Park, anyone?), I can hyzerflip my Cobra(s) as far as a lot of people can throw a driver, and finally concluded there's honestly no need.

Thanks for the feedback, though!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
Have you thrown a PD? Or a Sword? Or a hysteria?

i feel like one of those three would fit really well in your bag.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:43 PM

The PD is nice for sure, but OLFs are my cup'o'tea. I'm a turn+fade [Eagle] kinda player - not the lazer straight TB/PD style. Woods don't exactly allow straight lines lol; That said, I didn't list my OLFs because I haven't used them for the past dozen or so rounds and aren't sure what to do with them. I barely get more distance out of them compared to my QJs, and have more control of the slower fairway (obviously). I also cannot justify selling my OLFs, so I'm kind of between a rock and hard place - I'm sure I'd use them more if I played more open courses.

I've tossed both the Sword and the DD a few times each, not enough to truly evaluate though. I've came to the conclusion I hate the unpredictability of wide rims and only throw my Flow and Rampage less than twice a round each. On my home course I only throw the Flow on Hole #15, and if throwing from the short tee I'll only use it if the basket is NOT in the (A) position [by the single tree you see]. I'll throw the Rampage in the same exact situation if the wind is howling, or once in a blue moon when I need to throw some type of "trick shot" involving a skip or cutting down trees Otherwise, a Banshee and a JLS gets me more than enough distance anywhere on any course.

TL;DR: I do throw OLFs, I just didn't list them in my bag since I haven't been using them recently.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:27 PM

Yet again took out the faster stuff, I just don't need to be throwing them. The loss in accuracy/consistency I have with wider rims is not worth the couple of feet I gain. I'll only be taking them to open courses (which I almost NEVER play). Back to my OLFs for control-D

Brought the Fuse back and decided it can coexist with Cobras...very happy that I did. I do not FH/OH/roll/grenade with the Fuse (the "+" rim screws with me), but being a BH dominant player I get enough use to justify carrying one along side the Cobra. Then again, I don't throw grenades with any stable/understable mid.

The Fuse has more HSS and less LSS, while it is the exact opposite with the Cobra (duh). Great pair of US mids IMO.

==========

Drivers:
171.4 1.2 Q-OLF (7/10) - most stable (both HSS and LSS) of the three. very workable
167.7 1.2 S-OLF (9/10) - some turn and some fade, great for line shaping
173.5 1.2 M-OLF (6/10) - flippy distance, standstills, understable utility - that whole chestnut
171.4 Champ Banshee (8/10) - hey old friend. dropped these a while back and am happy to have returned
172.4 Q-JLS (7/10) - workhorse driver

Mids:
179.7 FLX Drone (7/10) - slower overstable duties
176 Pro-D Drone (6/10) - significantly less stable than your average Drone
169.1 Opto Fuse (8/10) - hyzerflip to flat, annys, turnovers, etc.
178.3 DX ontario Cobra (7/10) - understable line shaper..hyzerflips w/ turn+fade, mid rollers, finesse flex shots, etc.

Putters:
174.8 ESP Titanic (8/10) - driving putter
173.2 Pro Birdie (8/10) - turbo putts or short grenades.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 PM

Lost my MOLF, and have been missing it, but I'm going to buy a new one and play a one disc round or two with it to get back my flippy driver.

Drivers:
171.4 1.2 Q-OLF (7/10) - some turn+fade (or hyzerflip to flat+fade). very workable
167.7 1.2 S-OLF (8/10) - bit more turn+fade than the QOLF, great for line shaping. Max-D driver
171.4 Champ Banshee (8/10) - overstable duties. not silly meathook, but I've learned to not need one of those
172.4 Q-JLS (7/10) - workhorse driver...SUPER workable. love these

Mids:
178.3 FLX Drone (8/10) - slower overstable duties (swapped my one old for this, the other is a back up now)
176.8 Pro-D Drone (6/10) - significantly less stable than your average Drone (also swapped, previous post one is in the closet as a back up as well)
169.1 Opto Fuse (7/10) - low power US mid. hyzerflip to flat, annys, turnovers, etc.
178.3 DX ontario Cobra (7/10) - more power US mid. understable line shaper..hyzerflips w/ turn+fade, mid rollers, finesse flex shots, etc.

Putters:
174.8 ESP Titanic (7/10) - driving putter (still as beefy as 10/10)
173.2 Pro Birdie (7+/10) - turbo putts or short grenades. underpowered layups...I hate having to throw <%30 power and it really helps me on those. hasn't lost any stablility
Old 07-11-2013, 07:35 PM

Only have one SOLF left, FLX Drone is swapped (lost), unhappy with my D Drone, dropped the Fuse, contemplating dropping the Cobra but I really do love them, Titanic is lost, Birdies got the boot.

So yeah.

I'm questioning PDs over OLFs (I've thrown S and P PDs but never C before).
I'm thinking of buying a Ghost (over a Buzzz again, they were my go-to stable mid for a hhwhile).
I've been windowshopping the Tursas the past few days.
I just purchased a few Breakers and am assuming I will like the mold - and no I will not throw a Zone instead of a Drone/Breaker combo - thanks though.

I'm happy with my D Magnets, FLX Drones, QJLS', and Champ Banshees. Pinnacle Rampages too I guess, but I rarely use a disc that fast.

Anyone care to chime in?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: LHBH
Dude, did you drop the S2K?

Old 07-11-2013, 08:12 PM