Old 01-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Bogey Member

Hyzer Flip

So without showing a video or anything, I was just wondering if I throw my RoadRunner about 340ft~ give or take, thrown FLAT with my cranking it hard, would puting a little hyzer on it to make it hyzer flip make it go further?

I'm talking about perfect conditions, no wind etc.... (400ft hole at my local course, wide open.)
Old 01-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
If you're throwing a Roadrunner flat and only getting 340ft with out it turning to a roller then I would say no. Hyzer flipping will not get you more distance for your snap.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Bogey Member

How would I be getting more distance then? I also throw beasts and Bosses around 350ftish? I started to turn my Boss when I threw it flat.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 40
Technically speaking, YES. When you hyzer flip a disc, the disc starts out on the hyzer line until it flips up flat and then usually drifts to the right for a bit before either staying straight or coming back to the left just a bit. The hyzer you put on the disc causes the disc to travel more before the disc does what it would naturally do if you snapped it flat. I think that is correct.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 22
turning a Boss with 350 feet of power usually means there is off axis torque.
also, what kind of plastic is it?
Old 01-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocaholic74 View Post
Technically speaking, YES. When you hyzer flip a disc, the disc starts out on the hyzer line until it flips up flat and then usually drifts to the right for a bit before either staying straight or coming back to the left just a bit. The hyzer you put on the disc causes the disc to travel more before the disc does what it would naturally do if you snapped it flat. I think that is correct.

I guess I don't know what I'm trying to say :P I basically max out at 350-360ft, trying VERY hard. I also changed up my form and being in Wisconsin when it's 10 Degrees probably isn't going to show that at all. Hopefully when the warmth comes back I will be throwing farther. Before I always bent my wrist and arm into my chest, now I learned to keep my arm nice and straight. Seemed to help accuracy as well as distance kind of? I also started discing down.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 54
But you have to have a lot of snap so it would travel back to flat and do it's original characteristics.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 22
you have enough power to hyzer flip a roadrunner. just remember to keep the nose down to help instigate the turn.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.2
Courses Played: 178
There are not that many courses where 360 ft with accuracy does not get you looks at birdies all day. I am oft confused by the number of players here who can reach 500 feet. I play of some of the biggest courses in Michigan, and there only but a couple handfuls of holes over 500 ft and most of those are not reachable because of hole design. Learn accuracy at 360 ft and my guess is distance will come.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
There are not that many courses where 360 ft with accuracy does not get you looks at birdies all day. I am oft confused by the number of players here who can reach 500 feet. I play of some of the biggest courses in Michigan, and there only but a couple handfuls of holes over 500 ft and most of those are not reachable because of hole design. Learn accuracy at 360 ft and my guess is distance will come.
Having 500' of power doesn't mean i have to throw 500', or even get to often. It means instead of using a destroyer for 380', i'm using eagles. I can use my power to choose slower discs which i can then be more consistent on at higher distances. It isn't all about max-d.