Old 01-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Sorry to hear about this, I am actually thinking of playing in the Felton Freeze this year.

I still wonder what Dela did with the 27 Mach3s they replaced for 2011 Worlds, maybe the club has some tucked away that could be re-deployed to Black Mouse.

I got so sick of the baskets getting stolen from CSUMB/Oaks, that I put Loctite on all the baskets, so the sleeves with the locking tab can not be removed and the top chain assemblys can not be removed, either the whole basket with the concrete has to be removed or the lock has to be cut, which is not hard, but at least they can not walk away with it by simply undoing one nut.

DGA really needs to fix their design flaws and improve the security of the baskets, the Gateway baskets use a much more effective implementation.

If you guys are really in a tough spot for the Freeze, I will ask the Stinging Jellies to donate some money, and I bet Dela will chip in as well.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHFH
Thanks all!
tomsdiscs, thank you so much for the offer. I'll mention that to Bob and TJ, but I do know that we'll have the baskets we need for the event. Hope to see you at The Freeze.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:58 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 9
I have grown to love this sport and It really gets my blood boiling to know that someone would STEAL Baskets from a course. I think that disc golf basket makers should put serial codes on the type of baskets they are making. if one gets stolen and if the person registers the basket the thief will get busted. just like the bicycles.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 111
I've heard stories about things like this happening and the theves selling the baskets for scrap metal, so you might try checking with local places that take scrap metal. If it happend then there is little chance you will get them back, but if the person at the scrapyard knows what they are then you might convence him to call you the next time someone trys to bring one in.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 AM
Par Member

That sucks, but usually baskets are stolen by random tweekers for scrap. So it's hard to really find any info on who may have stolen the baskets. I will post to Monterey stinging jellies, if Tom hasn't already, to see if the club can help. Can't wait to see the changes at black mouse...
Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 44
Lake Wichita use to have the same issues with baskets disappearing. I think they finally filled it with concrete like what was suggested but then they lost the multiple pin settings. As for fundraising I am working on that for my old hometowns new course. I am raffling off my td pack from vibram for the birdie bash. Yea it cost me 80 bucks but if we have 30 players and each gives 10 for raffle I made 1 basket for the course. Maybe take some of your unused disc and put together a pack to raffle off. I know I went through a stage where I bought everything innova made, so I have several disc that has two or three rounds on it that I decided never to throw again. I may try to raffle them off at a later date
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 32
I would use portables now and have a large raffle and get people to donate
Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Par Member

Again, thank you all.
Good news this morning. One of the baskets has been returned! Someone found out who took it, and let them know that there was an investigation underway.
1 down, 1 to go!

Thanks for the heads up about scrapyards. That was my buddy's first advice as well. I'll put them on the lookout for golf baskets in general.

Twotechnics- Thank you! We can't wait for you to see it either! My history w/The Mouse is a funny one in that I played it when it was an infant, didn't come back for years after that irritating/lost round, played it about two years ago, and didn't come back for about a year after that frustrating/lost round. When I moved to Felton, I popped in right away and was blown away by how much work had been done, carving clearer paths and clearing PO. Since then, I haven't been able to stay away and have been playing multiple rounds every week. My scores at every other course have been falling out of the sky after the control that BMouse has forced me to learn. Love it.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Par Member

texhop- I LOVE that idea. I have a ton of discs collecting dust and irritating my wife.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 53
Send a message via Skype™ to tarel
"Someone found out who took it"