Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHBH
VEGAS! Bringing my discs

Hello all, first ever trip to Vegas (at 23). I'm looking to bring my discs since vacation to me mean playing disc golf. I was looking to play Sunset Park on Saturday Feb. 9th since it is the closest to my hotel. I know it is under renovation, but is it still worth playing? Anyone in the area looking to show my father and me the layout? I know the Gentleman's club is coming up and perhaps the practice would be good for ya. I'm an advanced player and my father is intermediate. Thanks a lot to anyone willing to help out.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
contact the dg club out there they are very helpful and have several bag tag events.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 73
None of the courses around Vegas are terribly difficult. You and your pops should be fine at any of them.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 96
I was more looking at a guide since I hear, especially sunset, can be tough to navigate by out-of-towners. Looking at pictures it looks like flat open gaps, which should be refreshing from the tight, wooded, and currently snowy lines I have to hit here in Minnesota.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 815
Sunset isn't that tough to navigate at the moment, and there are always locals out there to point you in the right direction. There are 14 marked holes and 2 additional unmarked holes without tee pads on the front side of the course, and 10 holes on the back side that flow well so you shouldn't have much trouble. None of the other courses around Vegas are all that fun or interesting, but they are all fine to navigate especially with the maps posted here.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:44 AM

February 9th (Saturday) - Gentleman’s Club Challenge 2013 warm-up 2 rounds of GCC 2013 layouts starts @ 8 am. I'm a sunset regular and bag tag member things will be different for the GCC layout so honestly the layout will be set up a little different then normal there is a ton of awesome guys that will be there to help you and your pops along the way, have a safe trip and good luck on your guys rounds you should enjoy Sunset. I know I love it.............