Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Banned

Heading South, Who Wants to Come

I have had it with the cold. I'm in S. Michigan, and I want to head SOUTH!not sure how far, but until its warm. Here is what I'm bringing:

Discs
Tent
Gas Camp Grill (need to get fuel)
Beers

Want to leave today (Feb 1), and return sometime on Saturday night or possibly Sunday depending on what we are able to find.

872 rated, but don't fool urself, I beat people rated much higer regluarly...

Would love to camp at a park with a sweet course.

Here is how you can help. Im looking for 1 or possibly 2 people to go, I could pick you up on my way south, but don't want to stray too far from the highways. I'll take a few dics for gas money if you want, but in all honest I can cover gas, because Im going with or without someone. Hippies,Tourney Dudes, Casuals that can play, your all welcome as long as you are chill and don't bitch. Even better is if you know where we could go, because I just want to drive, and not think. I don't have a smart phone or a garmin, so if you have one of those, that would be handy.

Im going to check back in an hour or so, feel free to pm me your number if you are really interested.

Those in the know, if you have suggestions of where to go, please chime in. I want to get the driving out of the way today and start hucking asap on Saturday. Prob looking at south KY, to Mid Tennesee....unless it becomes warmer before there.

WHO'S COMIN WITH ME!

(car is getting oil change at 11am, so I can leave as soon as that is done)
Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.3
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Almost motivated me Happy. I live here in SE Michigan and I am pretty tired of cold. Better check the weather to find out how far you will need to go to find warm. Charlotte area is pretty concentrated golf wise. If you can make it down to Georgia, the PDGA golf center down there is great. Three top tier championship courses, and I believe you can camp there as well. Have a safe trip brother, fly low.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Banned

it appears we would need to get to at least northern TN.....and today may be a drive, relax, and find someplace to camp. It looks like tomorrow is supposed to get into the high 40's mid 50's .... not summer weather, but not -3 with 35mph wind....
Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.3
Courses Played: 178
Dude, camping in weather with high in the 40/50's can be pretty rough. Lows likely at or below freezing, better include a winter sleeping bag with some hand warmers to toss in the bottom or a good propane tent heater. Either way, press on regardless, I will be jealous.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappytheHobo View Post
I have had it with the cold. I'm in S. Michigan, and I want to head SOUTH!not sure how far, but until its warm. Here is what I'm bringing:

Discs
Tent
Beers

Want to leave today (Feb 1), and return sometime on Saturday night or possibly Sunday depending on what we are able to find.

Here is how you can help. Im looking for 1 or possibly 2 people to go, I could pick you up on my way south, but don't want to stray too far from the highways. I'll take a few dics for gas money if you want, but in all honest I can cover gas, because Im going with or without someone. Hippies,Tourney Dudes, Casuals that can play, your all welcome as long as you are chill and don't bitch. Even better is if you know where we could go, because I just want to drive, and not think. I don't have a smart phone or a garmin, so if you have one of those, that would be handy.

Im going to check back in an hour or so, feel free to pm me your number if you are really interested.

Those in the know, if you have suggestions of where to go, please chime in. I want to get the driving out of the way today and start hucking asap on Saturday. Prob looking at south KY, to Mid Tennesee....unless it becomes warmer before there.

WHO'S COMIN WITH ME!

International Disc Golf Center at Wildwood Park has some awesome camping and great courses
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 37
gonna get cold tonight in SC.. well for SC standards anyway.. weekend looks good tho.. 50's
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDGC_SUPER View Post
International Disc Golf Center at Wildwood Park has some awesome camping and great courses
weather update?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 44.3
Courses Played: 289
BG KY sunny and cold (28) Friday, low 24, Sat: high 45, light rain and snow late, Sunday sunny an 39
Hobson Grove Park draw Doubles each Saturday 10am
Camp in town at Beach Bend Park(near Hobson) or KOA (next to Griffin Prk)
Old 02-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
That's a great idea. Discs, tent, beer, food. Yet more proof that some of the best things in life are pretty affordable.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappytheHobo View Post

Discs
Tent
Beers

WHO'S COMIN WITH ME!

Bring it all the way to Texas, plenty of disc golf, plenty of warm weather!!!