Disc Golf Center
Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
World Record Attempt

Back in September I started UCSB Disc Golf. In November we went up to Monterey Bay for a tournament and ended up qualifying for nationals. Nationals takes place in April out in North Augusta, SC. In an effort to raise some major dough for our flights out to South Carolina, I am attempting to break the world record for most disc golf holes played in 24 hours this coming Sunday. The current record is 1305, so I'll be playing for 24 hours straight, 9 am Sunday to 9 am Monday. Any donations would be extremely generous, and we would be very grateful for your contribution. If you're one of my friends from SB, this will be taking place at Estero Park, one block east of the 6700 block of Abrego road. Come out, volunteer to help us with the event, support me, or even throw a dollar or two our way.

You can donate and check out our video here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/he...o-to-nationals

Like us on facebook and help us out in anyway you can!

If you know Lance Armstrong and can hook me up with some plasma rich blood too, that'd be pretty sick.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 AM

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 4
Would you play multiple rounds with a single disc so you're not carrying a bag and selecting a disc to slow you down time after time? Do before and after pictures of all discs used.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 95
I'm using two discs and a putter. I'm never going to be carrying my discs, I have about 35-40 volunteers helping me out from my school to run with me for an hour at a time. The first five holes i'll be using a comet and the last 4 holes i'll be using a predator
Old 02-05-2013, 05:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: LHBH
You do realize that the record is a Guinness World Record. Which means if you don't have the proper channels setup this is just for fun; and wont be a record.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: LHBH
The record was also done at a 9 hole course where every hole is ~200 feet as you will need to play 54+ holes an hour. Judging by the course you are playing on that probably won't be possible.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoyle View Post
The record was also done at a 9 hole course where every hole is ~200 feet as you will need to play 54+ holes an hour. Judging by the course you are playing on that probably won't be possible.
I think he's talking about THIS course. It might be possible there.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 41
i wish you luck! i don't envy your feet tuesday is gunna be a bad day mmkay.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.7
Courses Played: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoyle View Post
You do realize that the record is a Guinness World Record. Which means if you don't have the proper channels setup this is just for fun; and wont be a record.
Well, I wouldn't go that far. There's nothing stopping the record from being recognized within the disc golf world. Yeah, it would be nice if it were Guinness-certified, just to keep things tidy. But it's not *necessary*. I mean, it's not like there's some mystical bearded dude in flowing robes decreeing that the record for most holes played must be certified by Guinness. Amirite?

I'm think 1 or 2 of the records between the Cedar Falls guys and DJSchnabel weren't Guinnessified.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 166
Hole distance looks appropriate for the attempt but there is a bit of a walk between 9 and 1. The 5-9 loop looks perfect though. If someone did just those 5 holes on repeat they could really give the record a shot.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: RHFH
The best place to do this would be the wooldands in Pittsburgh. It is a 3-hole course set up for kids with disabilities. All 3 holes are under 100 feet. You could easily set the record there. I've bee thjnking about it the last few years, trying to make it a way to raise money for the facility.