Old 02-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Played my First PDGA Sanctioned

I played the Birdie or Bust by Disc Golf Station today in Grapevine at Bear Creek. It was my first tournament and my first time at the course, I shot a 57 and a 60. I got a 59 on my first round because I didn't proofread the score card before it was turned in and the math was done wrong, I thought I shot a 58, but it was a 57. I got the 2 stroke penalty and still won the card. 2nd round I won that card too. I tied for 6th with 119. Won $45 in merch, my brother placed 10th and got $30, we pooled the prize money and got a double nutsac. He also got a predator which he gave to me. I bought him a wasp earlier in the day. Not exactly fair, but he's nice and I'll get him back sometime.

So it was a successful experience, learned what I need to work on. Didn't help that it was chilly, cloudy, windy and light misting for 60% of the day, and raining for the other 40% lol. I could have shot better, could have shot way worse. I got a good string of birdies so it was pretty cool.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 1
Congrats! Nothing like "cashing" at your first tourney. You'll do even better next time.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
lucky lol, in my first tournament i came in 3rd and only got 20 dollars worth of merch,
anyway nice, may you have many wins in your future
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Man the last card. I was at 55 on the last hole... the people in front of us took their time and my hands got cold... right after my string of pars and birdies... I was a bit more cocky than I should have been shanked one, bad get out of trouble, great approach out of the brush then missed my 25ft putt with my nerves Haha. So awesome
Old 02-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 48
Nerves..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthbndr View Post
Man the last card. I was at 55 on the last hole... the people in front of us took their time and my hands got cold... right after my string of pars and birdies... I was a bit more cocky than I should have been shanked one, bad get out of trouble, great approach out of the brush then missed my 25ft putt with my nerves Haha. So awesome
Talk about jitters (that my putter shown)not only was it pretty windy during the Buckhorn Open today but Schwebby and Barry Shultz were following me on every hole during the 2nd round.. This is just my 2nd PDGA but congrats on the cash and wish me luck on the final two rounds tomorrow, Ill need a little bit to win
Old 02-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 43
Yeah, got that 2 stroke score penalty myself one time...anyways it was lesson learned.. Congrats on the good day of play!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx23ang View Post
Talk about jitters (that my putter shown)not only was it pretty windy during the Buckhorn Open today but Schwebby and Barry Shultz were following me on every hole during the 2nd round.. This is just my 2nd PDGA but congrats on the cash and wish me luck on the final two rounds tomorrow, Ill need a little bit to win
good shooting out there, looks like you will be on the card with grhomes and kentyburski
Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Congrats, playing that first tourney can be so nerve racking! Sounds like you handled it well.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattallica View Post
good shooting out there, looks like you will be on the card with grhomes and kentyburski
Thanks man, and I played with grhomes on the 2nd round today.. he already has one ace this tourney and hit the band on a different hole! Some really solid play out there by everyone so far

Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Thanks guys. I even got a Sweet 177 San Marino glow roc just for going. And a Sweet bear creek stamp on it.

Thanks for all the info on here to make it so enjoyable.