Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
Finally getting 400! now what? :)

Hello! First I must say thank you, contributions from this forum and dgr have finally kicked in. and I made a break through. I was trying to focus on going very slow through the x step with intent on accelerating through the hit. My third throw in the field was a star teebird that gps'd to 413'. This is roughly 30' more than my max with a blizz boss. I've been doing some drills and working on my form and timing alot lately.

Anyway I got my gf to shoot a video in slow mo of me throwing a stocking cap in the apartment. I feel like what I'm seeing is confirmation that I am no longer strong arming it.

It looks like my timing is improving. I feel like I still might be accelerating slightly too early still. The heel pivot and rear leg push to get the hips going is also present, hence the added distance. Sorry if the video isnt great. I'm going to do some more field work and hit the course this weekend. Anything standing out or rather what needs improving? Thanks in advance.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:09 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 31
Time to learn how to putt.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 79
Much better rhythm, posture, and balance, but you are swinging a little early and open so your elbow doesn't get very far forward and is a little off plane low. Keep your elbow higher and try turning back more with your hips later into the backswing so your arm will have more width from your chest and the elbow will start more forward relative to your shoulder. Your stance and aiming will also change more backward.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Right pec drills!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 66
learn how to throw a forehand (if you don't have one) and get a practice basket?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 255
Play R Kelly while you putt. It works..
Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 69
Only went about 5 feet..
Old 02-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
this
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLong View Post
learn how to throw a forehand (if you don't have one) and get a practice basket?
I've got a practice basket, its still being used mainly indoors because the weather has been bad lately. Need to work the forehand bad, its ugly and only used for short approach shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aPfaff View Post
Only went about 5 feet..
Trololol
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
I've been spending a decent amount of time putting lately. As I was starting to get past 350, I realized I was about to be the guy that bombs and misses 20 footers for birdie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Much better rhythm, posture, and balance, but you are swinging a little early and open so your elbow doesn't get very far forward and is a little off plane low. Keep your elbow higher and try turning back more with your hips later into the backswing so your arm will have more width from your chest and the elbow will start more forward relative to your shoulder. Your stance and aiming will also change more backward.
Thank you for noticing, if feels much better. I still have a ways to go, I'd like to be in the 450-500 range for max d someday so I'm definitely gonna keep working at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
Right pec drills!!!
trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldsCoolestGuy View Post
Play R Kelly while you putt. It works..
not sheriff serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
this
I'm not so much saying ok I hit 400, I'm done with drive work. More so what do I need to get to the next level for drives.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 35
once you get to 400 it all becomes more about feel, timing, flexibility and strength. Blake T over at DGR has been working on the be all end all technique to really be able to slam it, but it's taken a good bit of time.

Getting to 400 usually just means you've mastered the basics of your form and you just lack that last little bit of timing, grip strength etc. to really make it scream out of your hand.

I've said it once and I'll keep saying it, distance is only one part of the fun. Scoring well make this game even funnerer. practice putting, placement shots, short game and accuracy.