Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 AM

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Lightbulb Critique and Feedback Welcomed

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I have been playing for about 18 months now, and have never paid attention to "form" or anything technical until this last month or so when my brother (MrDarkHorse) started sharing all of the great information he was getting from yall. I can throw 350-400 most of the time, and only until 1-2 months ago, even used a midrange when I would play. If I wasnt driving from the box, I would just use a putter. Since I had fun, and normally shoot par to +8 on the local course I never really sought additional instruction, and just figured I would get better the more I practiced.

Reading threads like: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=81227 were funny since it was "about me" and it got the gears in my head thinking. MrDarkHorse and I videoed each other today with the hopes that someone would be able to help improve our games. My biggest question after reading everything is if I am "strong arming" it, and also to see if anything jumps out for increasing distance. I mostly play in heavily wooded, so when I get to the wide open holes I love to grip it and rip it just to watch it fly. I have a tendency to lead the nose up when I get lazy and rush my throw. Also, if I am using a 12+speed, I will throw it in what appears to be a flex shot rather than a compensatory sweeping anhyzer, but for the most part, my drives look like the video below. I sampled mid ranges, and drivers up to a katana for critique purposes. I appreciate any help you have, and feel free to lay it on me. I have thick skin and can take it.

http://youtu.be/mhAGnDXJSoo
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 01:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 106
Hello oat. You are planting with your hips open and get no elbow forward of the shoulder. Your arm at reachback is too tight against your chest, you want to keep your arm wide out and turn more with the hips and shoulders backward later into the throw and then bring the disc into the chest during the throw and whip it out. Check your bother's approach vid thread.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Check your bother's approach vid thread.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=81251 (So I can find it later)

Thanks for the suggestions, I will dive into the tread and watch the videos before practicing this week.