Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 6
Do you typically drive with Wizards over Anodes/Ions?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 PM

Courses Played: 30
I really liked wizards to drive with when I started. Great glide, the plastic is tacky all year. I've used SSS, SS, S, and Evo plastic. Currently using an RFF for upshots I want to stop on a dime, but it has more chance of turning over, I could not have been proficient driving with that RFF-wizard when I started using putters off the tee pad. My favorite predictable putter off the tee pad, or drives inside of 250 is a Star Rhyno. I've tried a couple Pro and R-Pro Rhynos but I beat them in too quick, and they start flying like my Wizards and Warlocks do.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:45 AM
Birdie Member

If you want to try something try throwing a Star Dart. Holds an awesome line and can almost be thrown as far as a Roc.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Should I be able to drive with a power grip on putters? I use a modified fan grip aka pinch grip and I'm not the biggest fan of it. I'd like to use a power grip, but anyone I've talked to said that's not good.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 24
Try both grips and see how it goes. I can throw putters with both grips. I normally use power grip for distance and fan grip for control, but I am trying to use fan grip for distance as well.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erthbndr View Post
Should I be able to drive with a power grip on putters? I use a modified fan grip aka pinch grip and I'm not the biggest fan of it. I'd like to use a power grip, but anyone I've talked to said that's not good.
It's not good if it doesn't work for you. If you can power grip your putters then do it. I always did and still do power grip mine.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:

It depends on how far I am trying to throw them but I will use the power grip if I am trying to throw them 200'+.

But with grip, whatever feels best, is comfortable, and let's you make the shot the most consistent is the way to go.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 129
Try throwing a MVP Anode off the tee. I don't have the most power in the world but can get it out about 280-300 feet and it'll end up dead straight. I love it for those narrow wooded shots and keeps me on the fairway or right next to the basket.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
I'd recommend getting it to work. Even if it's not the grip you choose to use in the end you may learn ways to improve your grip.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by garublador View Post
I'd recommend getting it to work. Even if it's not the grip you choose to use in the end you may learn ways to improve your grip.
The second you get your power grip to work with your putters, I'll bet you'll see performance gains from your other discs.