Old 02-10-2013, 08:12 AM

Problem with form?

Today i can throw a comet pretty consistant up to 340, a teebird up to 390-400. But why do i have trouble putting My destroyers, swords, kraits consistant to 430-450? I had done it a LOT of times But not consistant...
Shouldn't I be putting the distance driver easy 30-50 feet further than teebirds?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
I would just pick one of your 3 driver molds and work specifically with that disc; as those 3 you listed are generally pretty similar flying molds but different feels and slightly different reactions. IMO drop the destoryers and Kraits-- you should be able to hit every distance line needed with the Sword and it probably is the easiest of those molds to get 400+' consistently and not worry about it getting off line.

Hard to give advice without knowing much about you as a player or seeing you in action-- don't try to get the extra couple feet out of your drivers when throwing them as the extra effort generally does not make for a further throw its much more about the small things after 350+'
Old 02-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
http://www.discgolfreview.com/resour...ttoripit.shtml

I'd be checking my grip. You might not be getting them nose down enough. Another problem I have is trying to throw distance drivers harder, and that ends up decreasing acceleration. Distance drivers slip more easily also, so it might just be that you're slipping more on them.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
Yeah, it's typically grip and/or nose angle issues. Faster discs are harder to grip and harder to hit the line nose down consistently.