Old 03-06-2013, 12:08 PM

dga flathead xl/ RHFH question

I'm new to this site, and fairly new to the game. Great to be a part of such a helpful and great community.

I have a very lengthy baseball background, youth, high school , D1 in college but have recently hung up the cleats . As with lots of others on this site, my drives off the tee are almost 100% rhfh. I've measured shots with the Udisc app on my phone that claims to be within 16ft of the actual distance. With that said , both my distance, and accuracy are much greater sidearm and it comes much less effort than the back hand.

Question:

I'm looking for disc that will allow me to use my fh on the heavily wooded dog leg left holes on many of the courses I currently play.

From what I've read on here:
Avenger ss
Stratus
Sidewinder
And any understable driver.

The one that intrigues me the most is the DGA Flathead XL. Has anyone throw this disc fh? I've read it meat hooks left and is very understable . Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Team Borderland

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgcole44 View Post
I'm new to this site, and fairly new to the game. Great to be a part of such a helpful and great community.

I have a very lengthy baseball background, youth, high school , D1 in college but have recently hung up the cleats . As with lots of others on this site, my drives off the tee are almost 100% rhfh. I've measured shots with the Udisc app on my phone that claims to be within 16ft of the actual distance. With that said , both my distance, and accuracy are much greater sidearm and it comes much less effort than the back hand.

Question:

I'm looking for disc that will allow me to use my fh on the heavily wooded dog leg left holes on many of the courses I currently play.

From what I've read on here:
Avenger ss
Stratus
Sidewinder
And any understable driver.

The one that intrigues me the most is the DGA Flathead XL. Has anyone throw this disc fh? I've read it meat hooks left and is very understable . Thanks again
I don't have any experience with the Flathead XL, never even heard of it actually.

But for me, this is the reason I carry a Z Avenger SS. There's one hole on my home course that has a very tight left turn but then finishes back to the right. The only conceivable way to get close enough for a two is a big forehand flip. The Avenger SS does it beautifully.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
I was like you when I started. Major baseball background and sidearming better naturally. What are you throwing now and how far?

Yeah any understable driver will do great for that shot. AvengerSS, Roadrunner, or Sidewinder. The disc your requesting info on though is not a very popular disc so it might be difficult to find. Because it was really difficult to find good info from google on it. But the little info that I found sounds like it would work just like any of the discs listed so far.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM

Thanks guys.

Right now I throw Nuke ESP for most of my drives . I've found that even though it punishes me like no other if my form is slightly off , I'm able to get consistent flight and distance out of it. For the more technical courses I have been throwing either Surge or my buzz mid range. Furthest drive to date is 425!feet, granted,it was a wide open hole with no trees and nice wind at my back. But on average I'm 300-375 under normal conditions . I won't even bother posting backhand numbers.

I actually found a site that sells them but I'd have to order it online and rely one guys word as opposed to just walking into my local PIAS and picking up a sidewinder, stratus or avenger ss.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
The Surge is a great FH Driver! And a sidewinder will very similar but turn much more.