Disc Golf Store
  #1  
Old 08-11-2013, 09:04 PM
pask2155 pask2155 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 250
Force Love

Hey guys I'm finding a new love for the force! So anyone using these and loving them???

I was wondering can you cycle these like destroyers??? Like beat one in to Anny and let it pan out???

Currently what I have noticed is there seems to be 2 types. super flat ones that are beefy and have a higher wing (0,3 innova numbers). Ther ones with a bit if dome seem to go just straight for me (-1,2 innova numbers), and I'm using esp plastic with 450' power max weight (173-174)...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-11-2013, 09:52 PM
DiscinFiend's Avatar
DiscinFiend DiscinFiend is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waukesha, WI
Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,180
You can cycle any mold, so yes you can cycle Forces

Last edited by DiscinFiend; 08-11-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:16 AM
Ted Bratton Ted Bratton is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 856
Yes forces are exceptional flyers and the esp beats in wonderfully. Z beats in slowly. Underrated mold nowadays because of the still growing popularity of star destroyers.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:24 AM
DiscinFiend's Avatar
DiscinFiend DiscinFiend is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waukesha, WI
Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bratton View Post
Yes forces are exceptional flyers and the esp beats in wonderfully. Z beats in slowly. Underrated mold nowadays because of the still growing popularity of star destroyers.
That's b/c Star Destroyers are better . Seriously though they aren't just all the sudden growing in popularity, they became popular very quickly after they mold came out in 2007.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:45 AM
Dan Ensor's Avatar
Dan Ensor Dan Ensor is offline
Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Paris, MO
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
Seriously though they aren't just all the sudden growing in popularity, they became popular very quickly after they mold came out in 2007.
That's because they're just a better destroyer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:54 AM
DiscinFiend's Avatar
DiscinFiend DiscinFiend is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waukesha, WI
Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
That's because they're just a better destroyer.
My whole post was about Destroyers...but I assume your saying the Force is a better Destroyer.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:56 AM
Dan Ensor's Avatar
Dan Ensor Dan Ensor is offline
Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Paris, MO
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,492
As cliche as it is, the Force is a longer Teebird. The difference from the typical cliche would be that it's actually true. In premium plastics out of the box, they're not going to flip (even into a pretty serious headwind) and have a mildly strong fade. In basic plastic, they start out very straight with a slight fade; the fade beats out, then they start flipping.

Disclaimer: I do not throw teebirds.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Dan Ensor's Avatar
Dan Ensor Dan Ensor is offline
Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Paris, MO
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
My whole post was about Destroyers...but I assume your saying the Force is a better Destroyer.
Whoops! I thought someone mentioned the Force's growing popularity!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:59 AM
DiscinFiend's Avatar
DiscinFiend DiscinFiend is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Waukesha, WI
Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
As cliche as it is, the Force is a longer Teebird. The difference from the typical cliche would be that it's actually true. In premium plastics out of the box, they're not going to flip (even into a pretty serious headwind) and have a mildly strong fade. In basic plastic, they start out very straight with a slight fade; the fade beats out, then they start flipping.

Disclaimer: I do not throw teebirds.
I get what your saying but IMO there's no such thing as a longer Teebird. Heck there's no such thing as a longer anything. Discs Don't have limitation, people do.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 08-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Dan Ensor's Avatar
Dan Ensor Dan Ensor is offline
Sophomore
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Paris, MO
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,492
Faster, then. I believe that a Force will fly farther given similar release conditions, though.

but yeah, just stability-wise they're similar.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.