Old 08-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHFH
Any Foxbat Fans Here?

This is one disc I never see anywhere I go, either in a store or in someones bag? It looks like a good disc on paper, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the disc. Is there a reason why no one throws it, or is it just hard to find?
Old 08-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Birdie Member

Love my Foxbat. It turns early and just hold the line from there. It has less fade than any other disc I've thrown. When you want something to turn right and not come back (or even try) this is the one. Very glidey as well.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
I use the crap out of mine. I started with a 180 first run and it overlapped my worn out rocs too much, but the 176's and 171 I have are money. I used to keep a beat up cobra or stingray in my bag for the super anhyzers, but the foxbat is the first premium plastic innova mid that can replace them for me. I still keep a DX disc for water holes, but I use foxbats for almost any understable shot I need, even sometimes throwing it instead of a leopard on shorter drives. If I get a nice clean hyzer release the 176 will sail 300 ft or more in a straight line, as high in the air as I care to throw it. The 171 turns over almost no matter what, so I use it for stand still shots. I have also discovered a totally new shot for me, high altitude hyzer flicks that turn right for the first half of the throw and fall to the ground slowly after.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
For me, it's one of those discs that's quite nice. Very similar to an X Comet. My only problem with it is that it's not actually an X Comet.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.8
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: LHBH
I'm interested in trying one out myself. I hope to get one in the next week or so. It does look like it'd be a good disc.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:22 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
I like the idea of it, but I prefer a slightly overstable mid that is a little more predictable.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:51 PM
Par Member

I have yet to click with mine. To be fair, I haven't given it a ton of time either. But for now, it's sitting in the "stuff for field work when I feel like doing something different" pile.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:34 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: LHBH
Definitely an "edge of the spectrum" disc.. and as such finds very little air time, much less bag time. Quite possibly the most under stable disc out today.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
I like mine a lot, it's like an Aero on steroids. It's a great disc for tight wooded fairways. I can get it to go straight with a big helping of hyzer or get it to hold huge anhyzer lines. It can be finicky if your not tuned into it, so you have to watch your release angles and power at first.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Rock View Post
This is one disc I never see anywhere I go, either in a store or in someones bag? It looks like a good disc on paper, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the disc. Is there a reason why no one throws it, or is it just hard to find?

Awesome disc! Great straight flyer out of the box and easy to turn over. Best part, Foxbat likes to land flat.