Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: How is your bag setup?
I only carry discs in older runs of plastic in my bag 3 2.24%
I only carry discs in newer runs of plastic in my bag 61 45.52%
I carry older & newer runs of plastic in my bag 70 52.24%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2014, 09:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Throwing Only Current Regular Production Plastic

I'm really starting to lean towards only carrying discs in my bag that are in regular production. I only bag molds that aren't OOP, though I do carry some discs in older runs of plastic. I have quite a few backups of the workhorse molds in my bag but a majority of the backups are older runs of plastic (11x Teebirds, 11x Firebirds, Preflight # KC Rocs, *D Destroyers, S/DS Destroyers etc). I'm really thinking about selling my backups. I could use the cash to buy discs in the same molds just newer runs. I currently bag a few older Destroyers, Firebirds, Rocs & Teebirds but I'm really thinking about phasing them out of my bag. Is throwing all current production plastic discs worth it? Should I just keep throwing my older discs because I have a stash of them? If I do go all current production should I pull all my older discs out all at once or just cycle them out when they get to beat? Do you only bag newer runs of plastic?
Old 05-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
I don't bag any older plastic, bit I haven't been playing all that long and there aren't any discs I currently carry I couldn't order online today with the exception of some weird Gateway blends that are kind of hard to tell with.

Basically I don't go out of my way to find awesome old plastic. None of this is really helpful to you though becuase I've seen your wall of discs and there are definitely some great OOP discs on it.

Haha next poster please.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
The only irreplaceable disc in my bag is the flat understable Ce Teebird T. Other than that everything else can be replaced. Why get rid of your backups? just use them and when they're gone find something else .
Old 05-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyThunders View Post
The only irreplaceable disc in my bag is the flat understable Ce Teebird T. Other than that everything else can be replaced. Why get rid of your backups? just use them and when they're gone find something else .
What he said.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 12
Financially I would sell the oop (expensive discs). But I'm a cheap arse and don't throw oop. I do throw PFN's but I just stumbled upon them and it doesn't seem worth it to sell a hair over stock.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 29
I carry a Champ Glow Banshee but it's still just a Banshee. Any of my backups could replace it. I also carry an overmold Magic that isn't standard production but again, I have plenty of Magics that feel similar. So nothing I'd have to search for another one if I lost what I have
Old 05-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Eagle Member

I'm pretty much done with oop as well. Itsbtoo much of a headache trying to track them down.

I still bag a few old teebirds but they can be replaced with some of the new pastic options or different weights.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 73
Some of my Stingrays and Aviars are pre-flight number. But that's just the way it happened. It's not intentional. Otherwise, there's nothing in my bag that can't be replaced.

My biggest issue I love to throw a 150g QOLF and they're getting hard to come by. Otherwise, sweetly broken in discs are hardest to replace for me because they just need time.

Sound like in your case you could get rid of the OOPs since you don't really have any personal attachment to them. Selling them off really could be win-win for you and whoever it is that ends up buying them if they really lover the options that you have.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Par Member

I would be too stressed out to throw something worth a lot of money nut thats just me. If I lose a production run disc its no biggy. But unless you really need the money, why sell the backups?

Old 05-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: LHBH
I carry a mixture of disc. I throw what works. I think the oldest is about 11 years of a age. All are beat in regardless of age. I do like to buy used stuff, saves break-in time.