Old 02-14-2013, 11:45 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
I have had pretty good luck on this till about two weeks ago.. i dont think it was the sender but the actual mailman that screwed up ... I went to the mailbox and had three packages shoved in the box so tight i coudlnt get them out.. took forever and almost pulled the box out of the ground .. once i got them out 3 of the 6 discs where all warped up and had to do the water trick but was just a total pain.. Instead of just putting them on the porch like they have in the past he decided to test my patience that day..
Old 02-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
EDIT: using a box instead of envelopes is a good solution as well
True, but the cost associated with this is probably significant, no?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
I have had pretty good luck on this till about two weeks ago.. i dont think it was the sender but the actual mailman that screwed up ... I went to the mailbox and had three packages shoved in the box so tight i coudlnt get them out.. took forever and almost pulled the box out of the ground .. once i got them out 3 of the 6 discs where all warped up and had to do the water trick but was just a total pain.. Instead of just putting them on the porch like they have in the past he decided to test my patience that day..
THAT is something you have the right to file a complaint about. This is not good.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 56
Ive always gone the "do not bend" route, never had issues.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Empty six packs flattened work really well for adding a little support to the package also the "do not bends" and "fragile" seem to help.i really get worried when im shipping to an apartment with those small mail boxes
Old 02-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Script View Post
True, but the cost associated with this is probably significant, no?
That depends on what discs/how many. If i bought a CE Teebird i would request they spend another 2 dollars on a box
Old 02-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
My last MVP shock had the rim gouged because it was shoved in the mailbox. I have also had two warped disc from other shipments. Every time the squeeze it in my mailbox the packaging gets ripped to shreds and scuffs the disc. I have complained but nothing has been done by postal service.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
Yes plenty of warped discs, My mailbox is not very big. You can fit a disc in there but if it is left there all day it will be warped. I solved my problem by waiting for my mailman to come and showed him a couple discs and told him that this is what he is bringing me in all these packages, after showing him a warped one and explaining to him how this happened he completely understood . Every time there is something to big to fit in instead of cramming it he know puts it on my porch

EDIT: using a box instead of envelopes is a good solution as well
Wow, that sucks, My mailman is kickass. Every package and oversize envelope (unless floppy so he knows it's like a shirt) is placed on my back porch. Really awesome, my UPS guy does awesome too, putting all my packages on the back porch. My house is front to a pretty busy street, so that is huge for safety.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Wow! I guess I take for granted that I live in a town house where we have those mailboxes that are like 3 inches tall and 12 inches wide and like 15" deep. If they dont fit in there we have the special ones at the bottom that they just put a key in your box and you get it outta the big box. That or they just drop it at the door. Some of these stories scary me and make me glad I havent had any issues like this.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: LHBH
If you mail the package as a First Class envelope instead of a First Class thick envelope/box, you may get a lower rate, but I believe it is treated differently in the USPS system.
My understanding is that they will process a thick envelope/box in the package system and a regular envelope in the envelope system. Different equipment and different standards.
Can anyone verify this for me??