Old 02-15-2013, 04:13 PM

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thanks for the advice...not looking for a shorter Teebird..if anything a little bit longer with the same power. I don't like the wider rimmed discs and I use my Teebird as my go to distance driver. I can get my beat TB out to 375-400 on a good day but I rarely get a wide rimmed disc that far.

On a previous recommendation for a longer TB, I tried out a C-PD and I'm not sure if it was just that disc, but that thing was an absolute meat hook for me.

I hesitate to spend 18 bucks on the flat champ Teebird, but I guess that's a lot cheaper than a 11x. Maybe I'll just be patient and wait for the new champ plastic to be on regular champ TB instead of just the Totems.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 12
Check out a C-FD.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw911 View Post
Thanks for the advice...not looking for a shorter Teebird..if anything a little bit longer with the same power. I don't like the wider rimmed discs and I use my Teebird as my go to distance driver. I can get my beat TB out to 375-400 on a good day but I rarely get a wide rimmed disc that far.

On a previous recommendation for a longer TB, I tried out a C-PD and I'm not sure if it was just that disc, but that thing was an absolute meat hook for me.

I hesitate to spend 18 bucks on the flat champ Teebird, but I guess that's a lot cheaper than a 11x. Maybe I'll just be patient and wait for the new champ plastic to be on regular champ TB instead of just the Totems.
If not shorter go longer, BioFuzion Escape from DD/Lat64
Old 02-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
If not shorter go longer, BioFuzion Escape from DD/Lat64
I have the Escape 172g First Run Lucid Yellow that flies great. It is a lot longer for me then my TB's, almost a speed 10 to me. It handles the wind well and flies stable. I have also tried S and C line PD's and didn't like them.

Could be worth a try for you.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 8
Flat C-FD, Domie SPD, P PD.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
you people must be finding some beefy ass FD and Rivers out there and even if there are i don't think that's something that will continually happen so to me it doesn't make much sense to recommend a freak run of discs that's not the norm.

if you want something with the same amount of stability and flight type a beat in banshee is very close to my 11x CAL Tbird but it's not going to have the same glide a tbird has and will be a bit shorter. my suggestion would be getting a S-PD or getting a predator and beating it in a crap ton.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:

What you want is an Orc, 168g to 170ish. The ones with just a slight dome usually beat into straight nuts stable goodness. Usually bigger dome= more OS and flatter= more US. Plus, the older run pearly Orcs are fairly cheap(18-22 bux) and will have that nice 11x feel. I've got a newer run Champ Orc that is an incredible disc, I can work any line I want with it out to and past 400'. Orcs have the glide of a TB, despite the faster speed. They bomb.

That said, the 11x CAL TB I'm throwing right now is probably the best driver I've ever thrown. Amazing disc, wish I had 5 of em...
Old 02-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
The pinnacle rival is everything the tee bird was described to be. I had a tee bird that just want working and bought a rival, its what I thought the tee bird would have been
Old 02-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 37
Quote:
Anyone have suggestions on new discs that have similar flight characteristics and plastic feel to 11x CAL teebird? Haven't seen or thrown one of the totem TBs yet so maybe that is the answer but previous 12x were not. I've stuck to a small number of molds and manufacturers to this point. Any lat, Westside, legacy, MVP, etc disc that may fit the bill?

tia
My stiff rivals feel nothing like the softer 11x TBs I've owned. I do like them but need an eagle-x for windy days.

I thought the new champ plastic was supposed to be a little gummier, if so maybe try a new run TB.

Edit: also look at vibram's ascent for similar flight and softer feel

Last edited by 7ontheline; 02-15-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 11
I've never thrown an 11x TB before, but I'm anxiously awaiting the Westside Stag that's supposed to be released at the beginning of March. It sounds like it's supposed to be a little faster and a little more overstable than my TB's, so hopefully that's what is going to be on it's way soon!