Old 02-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BgWvDave View Post
I see that but for right now and at least a few years from now they are the market. and easy scorecard pro has been out for at least a few years now. jsut seems like lots of wasted oppertunity to me.
I agree that there is opportunity wasted. But if you look at it from the developers standpoint. Right now all he needs to do is support what he has. The android app. To create an iPhone/iPod touch app he would have to do a lot of rework.

Sucks because that app is wonderful. But if the person or person's who made it aren't developing apps for their full time income it doesn't make a lot of sense to add another application to a seperate operating system that you'd also have to manage bugs and update. While trying to create better and better versions of the app to stay competitive.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 29
Send a message via Skype™ to samfoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoyce View Post
I agree that there is opportunity wasted. But if you look at it from the developers standpoint. Right now all he needs to do is support what he has. The android app. To create an iPhone/iPod touch app he would have to do a lot of rework.

Sucks because that app is wonderful. But if the person or person's who made it aren't developing apps for their full time income it doesn't make a lot of sense to add another application to a seperate operating system that you'd also have to manage bugs and update. While trying to create better and better versions of the app to stay competitive.
Not to mention that he may not recoup his costs by making an I-phone app. The disc golf scorecard market isn't huge and as far as I remember you need X-Code to publish IOS applications. So unless he feels like making a Hackintosh or buying a Mac that option isn't available to him.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoyce View Post

It's a lot easier to develop for iPhones because you only have one phone to support. Plus you have to use a lot of their built-in code libraries which makes things a lot simpler. Android brings all sorts of grief like building web sites for full browser capability.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
This. Just like everyone else, I went and bought the full version. Great all around app.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfoy View Post
The disc golf scorecard market isn't huge
haha. i thought about this the second i posted.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutz167 View Post
This. Just like everyone else, I went and bought the full version. Great all around app.
I have a buddy that is a highlevel manager for a cell company. He has an andriod that isn't even activated for phone service. it is soley to record scores on easy scorecard pro. he has a ton of stats built up. i get jealous everytime i play golf with him!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.8
Courses Played: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by BgWvDave View Post
I am absolutley not a tech guy in any way so this is obviously over my head. But are you saying that writing apps for andriod phones is more lucrative then writing apps for apple products? i am pretty sure apple stil has an abnoxiously large majority of the market share on smart phones.
I only said iPhone was dying in order to get the Apple fanboys in a lurch, but since you asked, how's 73% to 14% of sales in Q3 2012 grab you?

Old 02-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_c View Post
Like other people have said, if you have an android get easy scorecard
as i recall the free version is pretty kick arse on its own, but don't be cheap just buy the pro version
Got it, love it.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
I only said iPhone was dying in order to get the Apple fanboys in a lurch, but since you asked, how's 73% to 14% of sales in Q3 2012 grab you?

fan boy. that is entertaining. i just got my first smart phone 5 weeks ago. it is my girlfreinds hand me down 3gs as i bought her a 5 for christmas. 3 months of sales in one of the weekest sales quarters in 3 years. i am still not convinced big guy.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.8
Courses Played: 117
Hey man I didn't mean you -- there are plenty of fanboys out there. Anyway, look at any stats you want. Android's lead is staggering and growing.