Disc Golf Store
Old 02-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I like how people complain about little scuffs and dings when they receive a shipped disc. Then they go out to the course and start smashing the disc into trees, pavement, dirt...etc.

Unless you're buying discs you NEVER intend to throw, don't complain about minor imperfections.
That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Do you buy a new car that has scratches all over the paint job? No? But then you take that car out on the road and places where you know eventually it's going to be scratched.....It's fine because it's you doing the damage and you were the one who paid to do that damage. I don't expect to pay top dollar for a new product only to have it delivered already damaged. I'm the customer. If I want to intentionally throw it into a rock building after purchase I can. That doesn't take away the seller's obligation to deliver a new product to me that I paid for.

Minor to me is not three semi large areas of plastic chunked out of the rim. It looked to be done with a razor blade.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Do you buy a new car that has scratches all over the paint job? No? But then you take that car out on the road and places where you know eventually it's going to be scratched.....It's fine because it's you doing the damage and you were the one who paid to do that damage. I don't expect to pay top dollar for a new product only to have it delivered already damaged. I'm the customer. If I want to intentionally throw it into a rock building after purchase I can. That doesn't take away the seller's obligation to deliver a new product to me that I paid for.

Minor to me is not three semi large areas of plastic chunked out of the rim. It looked to be done with a razor blade.

^^^ Agree 100%. The retailer is selling it to you as new and for the new price you should get it in perfect shape.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
I said minor imperfections. Not razor blade chunks. And discs don't cost thousands of dollars like cars do. Poor comparison.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:47 PM
* Ace Member *

I'm addressing ONLY things like mold variations, dome, double-checked scale weight, all the normal stuff. Dings and damage are silly things to bring into this discussion.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
I'm addressing ONLY things like mold variations, dome, double-checked scale weight, all the normal stuff. Dings and damage are silly things to bring into this discussion.
That's my fault they were talking about hand picking instead of ordering and I got sidetracked from the original discussion.

BigSky- the price of the item is irrelevant, new is new. If you want to give your money to a place that doesn't concern themselves with quality control you're welcome to do so. I'll go with a place that won't ship out a less than quality product.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
BigSky- the price of the item is irrelevant, new is new. If you want to give your money to a place that doesn't concern themselves with quality control you're welcome to do so. I'll go with a place that won't ship out a less than quality product.
I've ordered from 4 online retailers, so far. Never had any issues. If I did, it wouldn't be a big deal. I would just burn the disc on my stove.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
I doubt the number is THAT high, but a lot of the brick and mortars are gas stations/convenience stores that happen to be near a course.
exactly the overwhelming majority of brick and mortars are gas stations/etc. you really think they care about the sport? You think the owner of your local PIAS cares? or sporting store? I wouldn't be surprised if the owner isn't even sure what it actually is or has ever played. actual DG stores definitely make up less than 2% of the brick and mortar stores, i think I am being generous truthfully.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 134
Quote:
I've ordered from 4 online retailers, so far. Never had any issues. If I did, it wouldn't be a big deal. I would just burn the disc on my stove.
Idiot Comment of the Month
Old 02-17-2013, 08:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
Idiot Comment of the Month

That one went right over your head.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
That one went right over your head.
Maybe you should have linked the thread for him.

Yeah, I'm too lazy to do it too