Old 02-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Vibram Birdie Bash at Horner Park in Lebanon, IL April 14

Finally got everything squared away with my registration for the Birdie Bash. Event will be held Sunday, April 14 in Lebanon, IL. The course is relatively new, the back 9 was installed earlier this fall. We will be playing from the short tees, so plenty of ace and birdie runs.

$25 gets your choice of 2 Vibram discs and a T-shirt. Registration must be done online at the link below, or if online registration isn't an option please reach out to me and we can get it taken care of.

http://iregisteredonline.com/purchas...cpk=88&cpk=445
Old 03-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 17
Thought I'd give this a bump. I'll be coming up from Rolla, MO and I just registered today. Saw that only 6 people have committed so far. Figure some more St. Louis people should be signing up for this. I'm trying to get some other guys from our local club to come up with me. Should be a good time.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Thanks for the bump. Unfortunately pre registration isn't something that has caught on in the St. Louis area yet. I know bowling green and glass blown are that same weekend, so a lot of the hardcore tournament players will be traveling. I know a lot of guys within the crew that I play with regularly aren't registered yet and have said that they will come out and play.

What discs did you choose? There are only a handful of holes over 300, and I plan on playing everything as a par 3. Holes 6, 9, 10, 14, and 18 will be the tougher 2's while the rest of the holes are probably in the 250 range. I'm gonna be using the obex and vp.

I'll have plenty of ctp's, ordered 2 TD packs and a bunch of minis to give away. I plan on doing an optional ace pot too, and we'll throw off if one isn't hit. Registration is listed as starting at 9, but I live like 2 minutes from the course so if you wanna pick up your gear a bit earlier than that and get some throws in with it I'll more than likely be there by like 8:30 or maybe earlier.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Birdie Member

Thanks for the info. I'll try to get there early...we'll see. I'll be coming up from Rolla, MO so I'll have to leave pretty stinkin' early! Might see if the guys I'm taking would wanna come up to STL Friday night so we don't have to leave so early Saturday morning.

I look forward to a fun time.

I mentioned this in the Vibram thread, but I went with the Ascent/Ridge. Love my Lace, but knew this course was going to be too short to grab another one. Still trying to figure out what putter I really like, but lately have been playing with the Summit. Like the VP for approach/upshots. Figured I'd give the Ridge a shot!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Birdie Member

P.S. I think I just realized as I'm about to purchase my buddies pack that I didn't put my name with the other one. I just signed up yesterday and using a paypal with my name username on here. My real name is Rafe Preston. Can make sure my name gets with my pack?

I'll use the same paypal today, but will put my buddies name in the additional notes.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

the email i got had your name listed as the participant. that might have been pulled off of the registration page, or it might have been pulled off of the paypal used. worst case scenario i'll have 2 packs set aside with your name on them, and you guys should know who's was who's.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Birdie Member

Cool! Just bought my second one for him. Hopefully can get a few more local guys to come, we'll see.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:43 PM

Is there going to be a O.B. outline or what? I'm going to play I'm just not to sure on what O.B. rules are. In fact, rules in general is it pdga rules or what? Do i need a marker or not?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

We will be playing all water on the course as OB. So holes 1, 2, 3, the creek on 4 and 5, 9, the creek on 10, 13, creek on 14 and 15, 16, 17, and 18 will all have potential water although a lot of those holes would take a really errant shot to reach. If you go into water but are touching a part of the bank you're in bounds just as long as part of your disc is touching in bounds. There are a few holes in which the road comes into play also, that will be OB as well. I'll mention all of the holes during the player's meeting, and ultimately it comes down to the group's consensus. I'd imagine that most groups will be pretty lax and give you the benefit of the doubt if it's really that close of a call. As far as mini markers go you can always use your second disc as a marker if you don't have one. I've got some to give away as CTP prizes, so maybe you'll win one.

If you have any other questions lemme know.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

quick bump for registration ending in a few days.