Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 AM
Par Member

Charleston, South Carolina Players

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

Messaged Him

Me - How about more pics showing all the discs? How about a list so we know what weight, plastic material and model the discs are? Not bidding on something then shipped something else.

Him - I don't know anything about the game, these were found while scuba diving in a local lake. Highest bidder takes the lot of discs
Old 02-18-2013, 08:53 AM
*Reform School Scholar*

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
What lake could that be? Trophy scubas their own. and often. He would have had to sneak on to the property.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOURNEYPLAYER View Post
What lake could that be? Trophy scubas their own. and often. He would have had to sneak on to the property.
That's what I was wondering. Could it be Hampton Park instead? I shudder to think of it! Or is there a pond at West Ashley someone would are to dive?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
That's what I was wondering. Could it be Hampton Park instead? I shudder to think of it! Or is there a pond at West Ashley someone would are to dive?
Do you guys ever drain or scuba your pond?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 AM
*Reform School Scholar*

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
that would be sooooo nasty. i cant even imagine.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 171
Most likely West Ashley on #9. You would have to be hardcore to do this due to the alligators. People do fish in that area and get in the water and pull out discs consistently. When discs come out of Hampton they are usually darker. It would be difficult to "sneak" on TL but anything is possible due to the volume of people out there (disc golfers, kayakers, wakeboarders, paddleboarders, etc. now use the lake where most discs end up exclusively). Not sure who is diving out there now but I thought it was only the police dept who are good about loading them in mesh bags and turning them into the pro shop. I think years ago divers got maybe a $1/discs for each they turned in. I have lost at least 30 discs over the last 7 years in the lake which have shown up on ebay before (it has been a long time for that). Most show up in N Chuck at Park Circle lost in the azaleas. The craziest part is I usually lose discs in similar spots (#8, #10, #11, #12) and in the past got them back soon after but over the past couple of years these discs have not come back at all.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergdawg View Post
Do you guys ever drain or scuba your pond?
Never drained it, talked about scuba (Chris is certified), tried skin diving (snorkel, mask, & flippers, hold breath, dive) a few times. It's completely dark on bottom so you have to feel your way along, which is pretty nerve-racking.

We swim in warm weather, and drag the bottom with a "golden retriever" on a 50' rope at other times, and pull out dozens of discs each year.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOURNEYPLAYER View Post
that would be sooooo nasty. i cant even imagine.
After one tournament when he was a teenager, Mike Martinez went swimming at Hampton Park and pulled a ton of discs out. Everyone was grateful, not to mention curious to see if his skin would start falling off in the days that followed.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Birdie Member

Someone has already responded on our message club message board and recognized one of the discs is theirs. Sounds like it was lost in TL recently but Charleston discs have a strange way of finding other bodies of water miles away around the Charleston area. I have had several discs in #8 which some how took flight and ended up at Park Circle about 15 miles away. Pretty shocking due to my lack of arm speed but it can get pretty windy around the water at TL.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Birdie Member

If you plan to get into Hampton, ensure you have had a tetanus shot during the prior 5 - 7 days. The last time I saw it drained was Fall 2009 or 2010 and it was completely dark with muck about 2" thick in most areas.