Old 02-18-2013, 02:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
This hole is the site of perhaps the most negative distance shot in history that didn't have to be used. I threw a backhand roller (Valk) that almost got to the top of the hill, turned around and rolled back down past the tee, across the trail and down the embankment stopping 5' short of the Mississippi River. Landed about 165 feet behind me. Fortunately, I was playing doubles and my partner had a better throw.
I could totally see this on that hole. On the previous hole where the basket is at the bottom of this hill and against the hill that drops down to the river, I have put a flx drone into the Mississippi. Thankfully it was really low that year and easy to retrieve.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Axis on both tees.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 178
Quote:
This hole is the site of perhaps the most negative distance shot in history that didn't have to be used. I threw a backhand roller (Valk) that almost got to the top of the hill, turned around and rolled back down past the tee, across the trail and down the embankment stopping 5' short of the Mississippi River. Landed about 165 feet behind me. Fortunately, I was playing doubles and my partner had a better throw.
That is an interesting shot selection for this hole. Why would you throw a valk roller on a shorty uphill hole?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
This is my home course, and a great place to learn to play disc golf. I'd throw a fast mid or a fairway here, the uphill makes the hole play longer than it actually is. Teebird, Eagle, or Hornet here for me. If the pin is left, it's an easy deuce. If it's right, it's harder to get there and is reasonably well protected. Par three is a good score here in that position.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
That is an interesting shot selection for this hole. Why would you throw a valk roller on a shorty uphill hole?
There's a longer pin placement to the right that I couldn't reach with an air shot. My partner was a longer arm lefty with an easier route to the pin. He was already safe somewhere on top so I went with the roller for my only chance to reach and park it.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
There's a longer pin placement to the right that I couldn't reach with an air shot. My partner was a longer arm lefty with an easier route to the pin. He was already safe somewhere on top so I went with the roller for my only chance to reach and park it.
Ah, got it.

I've only played this course once, but isn't there a playground or a picnic area somewhere deep of the hole? I remember going up there to see where my drive landed and being surprised with kids running around. The thought of me potentially hitting them with one of my discs scared me.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:45 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 591
Good memory. It's not real close considering the angle of the hole. But off to right starting maybe 150 feet away is a splash park based on looking at Google Earth.

Last edited by Cgkdisc; 02-18-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:48 PM
* Ace Member *

I only remember because of the safety concern.

I was playing the course with a local who described the pin location to me and told me where to throw, so I didn't hike up the hill to see where the pin was. I had no idea there was a splash park back there with kids running around. I'm glad I threw a putter and not a driver that could have gotten away from me and potentially hit a kid.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 420
Quote:
That's the pin I saw; it's a lot longer with a wall of trees to get around. Driver-approach-putt for me for sure.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 19
I throw my Teebird on this one. As others have mentioned, the long pin is protected by a bunch of trees. I'm happy when I get a 3 when its in that set up. The picture in the OP is the short pin location.