#951  
Old 12-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Script's Avatar
Script Script is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlotte
Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 25
Posts: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_Discless View Post
I have a couple Bobby Henn Wraiths...maybe they're gaining collectability now.
Also, I didn't think the skill gap between Open and Ma1 was this big - I was wrong.
A over 1000+ rated player, a 945 and two sub 900 players. The gap was determined pre-round.
Reply With Quote
  #952  
Old 12-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Horsman's Avatar
Horsman Horsman is offline
Pandamonium Discs
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,853
Wow, thats advanced in that video
Reply With Quote
  #953  
Old 12-03-2013, 12:04 PM
JAKE master's Avatar
JAKE master JAKE master is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Woods of CT
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,402
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #954  
Old 12-03-2013, 01:00 PM
rainachritie rainachritie is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks for posting..good video!
Reply With Quote
  #955  
Old 12-03-2013, 08:21 PM
aggreen's Avatar
aggreen aggreen is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 139
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsman View Post
Wow, thats advanced in that video
The division classifications are a little off, since they are club divisions and this was not a PDGA. The Open division in TCP is typically comprised of Open and Advanced players, while the Advanced division is comprised of a mix of some Advanced & Intermediate players.

To get to the Championship, the participants had to make it through 2 rounds of playoffs (at other sites and venues). Bobby is a really good player and has given TG a run for his money at some of our monthlies. Reid and Jason had rough rounds - both are decent players.
Reply With Quote
  #956  
Old 12-05-2013, 12:51 AM
Allurex's Avatar
Allurex Allurex is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kansas City
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,777
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaOqa...ature=youtu.be

I suck at embedding videos.
Reply With Quote
  #957  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:07 AM
notroman's Avatar
notroman notroman is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Highland Park, IL
Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 176
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allurex View Post
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
There you go.
Reply With Quote
  #958  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:42 AM
namar's Avatar
namar namar is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: iowuh
Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 515
gotta love urban golf, the parking garage holes were sweet. wish I had half the thumber skills as those fellas.
Reply With Quote
  #959  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 AM
blackcatsmith's Avatar
blackcatsmith blackcatsmith is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: prescott
Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by namar View Post
gotta love urban golf, the parking garage holes were sweet. wish I had half the thumber skills as those fellas.
So sweet were those parking garage skip shots! Well all but one. Imagine the recovery shot if you skipped out! I enjoy watching finale's more when they are competitive like this one. Good win and good 'shout out' by the winner. Made me a fan.
Reply With Quote
 

  #960  
Old 12-05-2013, 10:43 AM
DiscJunkie's Avatar
DiscJunkie DiscJunkie is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggreen View Post
The division classifications are a little off, since they are club divisions and this was not a PDGA. The Open division in TCP is typically comprised of Open and Advanced players, while the Advanced division is comprised of a mix of some Advanced & Intermediate players.

To get to the Championship, the participants had to make it through 2 rounds of playoffs (at other sites and venues). Bobby is a really good player and has given TG a run for his money at some of our monthlies. Reid and Jason had rough rounds - both are decent players.
I give a lot of credit to the videographer and to the players.
Please take into account that most of these players have probably never been filmed (except Terry, obviously). In my limited experience, most players fold like origami when they are being filmed the first time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.