Old 12-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHFH
ryhno,harp,and pig

I just bought all these online. I'm a little inpatient and would like some insight on how they fly. I usually throw champion aviars, but wanted something a bit more stable for upshots and drives. Thanks in for your input
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2014, 09:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: RHBH
They all go left(rhbh) pretty much out of your hand. I havent thrown the harp. But the pig is deffinetly more overstable than the ryhno. Rhyno is a great driving puttee. Kinda like a seasoned pig with a tad more glide in my opinon.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 24
Courses Played: 49
Funny you should mention that.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Rhyno isn't in there but it's on par, stability wise, with the Jokeri in this video. I.e. less overstable than the Pig and Harp, but still pretty OS. I would say the Rhyno is more versatile. I wouldn't putt with the Harp or Pig but I would (and did, at one point) putt with Rhynos.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Big Country

This video has some wonky technical glitches but here is the Rhyno against the Breaker and the new Reptilian Disc Golf Scale. Shorter and less OS than the Scale, on par with the Breaker in stability but not length. Harp, Pig and Rhynos all lack glide but only the Harp is a true "brick" if you will.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:07 AM
Eagle Member

Haven't thrown the Jokeri. Have thrown the Pig once or twice and didn't care for the feel. As you can see from my Sig, I am a strong supporter of the Harp. I have two BT hards for putting only (yes, I do putt with the harp), one beat up BT hard that will hold any line including an anny, a BT medium with some use that just goes dead straight then fades, and the VIP which is nice and OS. I drive my harps out to about 275'on the course and will move up to mids anything longer. I can't say enough good things about the harp, especially the beat BT hard. I was very excited when I was able to start throwing annys that the harp held for the whole flight. I just like the characteristics of the harp, in that I can throw the on the line I want and get the intended results without having to worry so much about hyzer flipping it enough or making something hold a hyzer without turning over. I've always been an over thinker when it came to shots at 275' and in, and the harps have taken that away which has helped quite a bit.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:18 AM
Big Country

I'm just impressed that you can get a VIP Harp out to almost 300 feet. What kind of height are you giving it to stretch that far? Is that on a big flex line?
Old 12-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
I love my VIP Harp it is way more beefy than my zone. It seems the harp is exactly what I wanted the Zone to be because it basically flies out to 250 and then dumps hard left. But, really it is perfect for that OS putter slot. I also carry a BT Hard for my upshots.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:58 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHFH
I have all three and like them all, but I bag the Harp. The Rhyno is absolutely glide less when it runs out of power(around 225-250 for me) it just tilts left and dives.

The Pig Flies similarly but the fade is more gradual and I lurk it better for FH.

The Harp is my go to for any shot 250 and in, I have two one BT Soft and one VIP I can get then a bit over 250 not much over.

Andy's vids are actually really good, especially the Harp vid. Shows the flight well. Watch them if you haven't.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 120
Send a message via AIM to ElementZ Send a message via Skype™ to ElementZ
And if you want something even more overstable, you can always check out a Credo.

Old 12-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
I'm just impressed that you can get a VIP Harp out to almost 300 feet. What kind of height are you giving it to stretch that far? Is that on a big flex line?
My beat BT hard is the one I get the most distance on, and I maybe throw it 15' high. And not on big flex lines... These are just shots on the course during my round. I get about 275' on it when thrown flat, will get the slightest amount of turn, hold for much of its flight, then fade back at the end. Other than the VIP, out of the 10 harps that I've thrown (BT hard/medium/soft), I haven't seen crazy overstability. Not anything like my zones were. I just find them to be consistent. Straight when I want, and fade when I want.