Old 07-18-2013, 01:59 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
tangent and buzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
As do I.. Very active with each disc too.
why do you use both of these discs?
what's the strength or weakness of each?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:20 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 9
shoplifted tangent

I had a beautiful pink neutron tangent. It was flat (because I flattened it.) I could shape amazing shots through the trees with it before I lost it. Then when I went to my local shop to pick it up it had been shoplifted from the lost and found box. There is a special place in hell...
Old 07-18-2013, 06:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Johnson View Post
I'm going to go out and do a Tangent/Tensor/Anode round this weekend. The Tursas and Warship are already well established in my bag, but I am increasingly thinking of them as fairway drivers rather than mids (especially since I have nothing between them and my mvp drivers). As great as the Tangent has been, I'm still not convinced that I need it when I have the awesomeness that is the Anode. Still, it's been really hard to range for a putter and I wonder if the powered down Tangent might suit my needs better. Nothing like watching the laser straight flight as it just soars past the basket...

How does the Tangent do in situations where you'd be well within range with a putter? Nevermind whether you should, just how close have you guys been effectively been throwing it from?
I actually use my Tangent as a "long range" putter (say 50' - 80') and have had some success w/ it fading hard into the chains. Still in the testing phase, so, we'll see...
Old 07-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 10
The Tangent fits in my bag as a longer version of my putter, the Judge. It hits the tail end of my putter distance with the same accuracy and a little less effort, which is nice for those 22-240' holes. The Tangent does have a little more glide and some turn for me when powered up, but it is by no means what I'd consider truly understable. If it's a shot that I don't need as much fade as my Axis the Tangent comes out. Tunnel shot machine. Very neutral disc.

Works OK as a putter. Kinda like a floatier Ion. I actually kinda like it for putting. As others have said the Tangent would be an excellent choice for one disc rounds, esp because of it's ability to putt better then other mids. I havn't thrown it for many approaches because I use putters mainly. Tough to beat that baseline plastic grip in all the heat and humidity we have here now.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 18
Hands down the Tangent is my favorite MVP disc. It has birdied a hole twice for me that I never had before, and I love it for approaches to. And to echo what others have said, it is awesome for one disc rounds. Just got a buddy from work into disc golfing, he bought one after using one of my neutrons.

He got pretty confident and challenged me to a one disc round (not that I am the greatest), but it was fun since beer was on the line . Learned more about the disc that day, safe to say it is my favorite disc in my bag!

TL/DR Orange Eclipse Tangent is awesome
Old 07-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBee View Post
Hands down the Tangent is my favorite MVP disc. It has birdied a hole twice for me that I never had before, and I love it for approaches to.
I birdied a hole I'd never birdied before with a Tangent the other day too. Little 260' hole that likes a right-turning throw, over a hill but under a tree and not too far to the left (stands of trees), to a basket perched on a hill, from a teepad that points down. Threw from a stand-still and put it 15' above the hill for the relatively easy putt.

Great disc.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:34 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 9
Tonight I was letting my Warship down so I decided to slot the Tangent in for some longer ranged duties than normally I'd assign it. With a considerable hyzer flip, yet very little effort the Tangent flipped up and hung on to the faintest right turning line - perhaps only a couple of degrees - before finally S-ing out just as faintly to land flat, pin high at 321' for a 20' lateral bird. The thing I notice with the Tangent - indeed all the gyro stuff - is how late it seems to get to the fade phase while showing HSS that would seem to indicate it should fade sooner. I love the lines that come out of this disc. I only wish I could find the consistency to do it this justice with more regularity.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

How do you flatten the disc?
Old 07-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Depth View Post
How do you flatten the disc?
I flattened my eclipse tangent based on advice from someone on DGCR with just below boilng water. Pour it into the upside down disc while on a flat surface (I used formica kitchen countertop) and hold down around the rim applying pressure equally around the rim. Hold it there for a while.

I've noticed that doing that added a bit of understability to the disc, but not too much. I really like it.

Last edited by sneakytiki; 07-19-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakytiki View Post
I flattened my eclipse tangent based on advice from someone on DGCR with just below boilng water. Pour it into the upside down disc while on a flat surface (I used formica kitchen countertop) and hold down around the rim applying pressure equally around the rim. Hold it there for a while.

I've noticed that doing that added a bit of understability to the disc, but not too much. I really like it.
i do the same thing but dont add pressure, you shouldn't need to. just let it sit till the water cools down, you don't want to force the disc to warp, just do it multiple times to get flatter and flatter.