Old 08-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by titovanburen View Post
same concept as licking your finger to turn the page of a book. may seem strange but fact is: if my hands are super dry or especially if I just used a dirtbag, my thumb will slide around on the top of that flight plate, disc will pop out early, and I will get frustrated...a very small amount of saliva makes it stick though, and all is well.
and new discs are worse with this problem...once they get scuffed up there's better grip on top
Old 08-22-2013, 03:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 39
So I took some max weight MVP mids out for some field work and short holes, working on filming a comparison vid. It really makes me wonder whats going on with the people who have issues flipping them, because there literally wasn't a single line I tried to throw it on and couldn't manage with it. Talkin a brand new one and not my well seasoned turning machine too. Hyzers, straight shots, slow right drifts, hyzer flip to turnover that doesn't come back, it really did it all. Taking their mids out to a practice hole and methodically throwing every disc 3 times on a bh hyzer, bh flat shot, bh anny, then the same for fh, then repeated at a longer distance...well, it really shows bow much one particular mold can do vs what we use them for on the course. With a full bag I have a Tensor or M2 for OS lines, Axis for dead straight, Tangent for turns....but it was a lot of fun seeing each disc try to do it all.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 15
yeah, i'll admit the tangent seems a great candidate for a one-disc match, though i would probably use my axis instead.

i do like the disc, that's for sure. i'll probably take it to a course where i can work it a little more. it's tough because i already have a set bag. the only thing i could see it replacing would be my beat to **** opto pure. in which case i honestly would prefer getting a new opto pure. mayyyyyyybe my fuse, but not enough turn, not by a long shot for me. the thing is that my patriot and my fuse are starting to overlap, so with the patriot taking those shots, the fuse might not have much to do and i might like a bit more of a slight turnover instead of a real turn. who knows.

that's a lot of rationalization, though. i'll probably keep it nice and pretty, do some field work today and then decide. either way i'm keeping it, though. she's GAWJUS. feels better in the hand than the fuse, imo.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Anybody have a preference on what plastic they like for this disc? I like Proton the most..
Old 08-22-2013, 06:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Anybody have a preference on what plastic they like for this disc? I like Proton the most..
Eclipse. You lose a touch of distance but get that sliver of stability in return. If they would make an Eclipse Soft Tangent to match up with my Ion, I bet I could shave a stroke off my average on a lot of wooden courses.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
I'd be curious to hear what differentiates them for others. In my experience with Neutron and Eclipse after extended use, I found them to fly and grip the same. I didn't know I could 'burn out' the glow by using eclipse in the daylight for too long until after I had already done it so now they are interchangeable for me. If anything, I prefer the muted styling of the Neutron (I also wasn't a fan of Proton 'red').
Old 08-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
These threads never fail to bring the laughs.
Go Hawks
Old 08-22-2013, 07:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 42
Quote:
Remember when you parked hole 7 at Thorpe and I Aced it. Yeah that was a Tangent with it's magical fairy rainbow dust. Coincidence? probably...
Old 08-23-2013, 12:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
So I took some max weight MVP mids out for some field work and short holes, working on filming a comparison vid. It really makes me wonder whats going on with the people who have issues flipping them, because there literally wasn't a single line I tried to throw it on and couldn't manage with it. Talkin a brand new one and not my well seasoned turning machine too. Hyzers, straight shots, slow right drifts, hyzer flip to turnover that doesn't come back, it really did it all. Taking their mids out to a practice hole and methodically throwing every disc 3 times on a bh hyzer, bh flat shot, bh anny, then the same for fh, then repeated at a longer distance...well, it really shows bow much one particular mold can do vs what we use them for on the course. With a full bag I have a Tensor or M2 for OS lines, Axis for dead straight, Tangent for turns....but it was a lot of fun seeing each disc try to do it all.
While it seems self evident you have skill throwing discs it's good to remember you are not by any means a representive part of the spectrum. I'm no schlub but feel like I fall into the spectrum a bit more in that if I try to throw it too hard I will problably OAT it. MVP mids are a bit OAT sensitive but so can be a DX Roc. DX-Rocs are nonetheless, one of the most popular discs of all time. Oat sensitivity isn't the hugest factor in discs, to most skilled pros it matters little, but it does still matter, particularly with the masses, as sloppier BH'ers will inevitably gravitate to a Buzzz,and likely throw it fine, as it does point and shoot with your average yanks easier than an axis. Sure an axis likely throws a bit further and locks into a line a bit better, but of course less sensitive discs will have their place.

I can see how you can say you can't get any flip out of MVP mids but have you tried to get away from your normal throwing stlye? particulary FH I would bet you can appreciate what I'm talking about.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
It's no joke when you are too accurate. You end up with high round ratings and they force you to move up divisions where you may lose your dominance.