Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
most of these mvp threads make me want to stop throwing them
Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE master View Post
Then the rest of this site probably makes you want to quit disc golf.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 15
Quote:
yeah, haha. these threads sort of find a way to devolve into people just being ****heads; both parties.

in other news, threw my tangent last night a little bit, but it still never really got to prove itself.

thinking at this point it might be one for the wall. one of the benefits of being happy with your bag.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
Then the rest of this site probably makes you want to quit disc golf.
well i can see how and why prerube would get so irritated with so many redundant threads popping up every three months. whats worse i feel, is the handful of mvp posters, that have a merry go round of the same posts ever 4 or 5 pages.
the ignore list is a good idea, but maybe a better idea would be a follow list. i know it would make it much easier to hear what the 50 or people that are knowledgeable about certain topics have to say, rather than some yawhoo talk about how he's flipping firebirds, or how they cant wait for a mvp distance driver, whats the name gonna be, blah blah baseline plastic.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 15
A couple weeks back I ditched my buzz/flat eclipse tangent combo for a buzzz/tursas combo because I was really looking for something with more turn. I got it with the tursas, but I have REALLY been missing my tangent for up shots and approaches. I think I may throw it back in the bag!! More discs, more fun, right!?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakytiki View Post
A couple weeks back I ditched my buzz/flat eclipse tangent combo for a buzzz/tursas combo because I was really looking for something with more turn. I got it with the tursas, but I have REALLY been missing my tangent for up shots and approaches. I think I may throw it back in the bag!! More discs, more fun, right!?
Im finding the tangent to pair very well with the tursas i recently added, the tangent is much better for very slow mild turns, where the tursas is great for the big hard turns that the tangent can't do.. the tursas is a must have along side my tangent. I hope to see a more under-stable disc from MVP in the future.

Overall the tangent is the most used midrange in my bag especially for approaches, i can throw it on so many lines with the touch and accuracy comparable to a putter.. its very similar but i like using it more than my ions because it feels a little better in the hand when i get further out.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Im finding the tangent to pair very well with the tursas i recently added, the tangent is much better for very slow mild turns, where the tursas is great for the big hard turns that the tangent can't do.. the tursas is a must have along side my tangent. I hope to see a more under-stable disc from MVP in the future.

Overall the tangent is the most used midrange in my bag especially for approaches, i can throw it on so many lines with the touch and accuracy comparable to a putter.. its very similar but i like using it more than my ions because it feels a little better in the hand when i get further out.
I have been wondering about these 2 discs together since I had gotten a Tangent when I lost my Tursas. I found that the Tangent definitely does not turn like the Tursas so I wanted to get another Tursas for those really understable shots. Still, I find myself reaching for the Tangent again and again for a variety of shots. It's taking over a lot of shot opportunities usually given to my Buzzz . I like how the Tangent feels and it's a pretty versatile disc but it needs a lot of anhyzer to make a decent turn, so I think a Tursas would be a nice compliment!

I also like the Tangent for long putts. It flies straight and true and can get to the basket much easier than a putter for those LDPs.

LDP is my trademark term for long distance putt
Old 08-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Who cares what people say? Just throw what you enjoy. This site has a few knowledgeable people but is also made for opinions and stories. If you like the disc, throw it.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:18 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Who cares what people say? Just throw what you enjoy. This site has a few knowledgeable people but is also made for opinions and stories. If you like the disc, throw it.
Lol, i dont like someone in the vibram and innova threads so i quit throwing discs form those companies

joking of course..

Old 08-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Lol, i dont like someone in the vibram and innova threads so i quit throwing discs form those companies

joking of course..
Exactly, that just sounds ridiculous. I hate throwing Innova because if I lose it I can't find another to fly the same but I know even MVP has inconsistencies. Friends who throw Innova are still friends lol.