Old 09-28-2013, 05:03 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Tangent is the best all around mid-range i have in my bag now that i have thrown it for a while, its great for approaches at any angle and longer straight to slight anny short drives. Its right up there with the Vector for usability on majority of fairways. Now if MVP would pump out a Tursas-like mid-range that was flip city, i would have all my spots covered.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:59 PM
* Ace Member *

I don't think I want a more understable mid than the Tangent, I just want my Tangent to get more beat. I think the Tangent will be the best understable mid out there when it gets beat. If MVP does make a more understable mid I hope it will still be beaded and have even more glide, otherwise I think I'll keep abusing my Tangents and stick to them.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
Now if MVP would pump out a Tursas-like mid-range that was flip city, i would have all my spots covered.
I've been wondering about this myself. I've never had a truly US midrange in the bag - I've always just used more neutral discs like the Comet and the Tangent. I've been considering picking up an US mid lately, though; it seems like I'd realize what I was missing once I had it in the bag.

Seems like it'll be a little while before MVP fleshes this spot out, since with the release of the Resistor it seems like they'll be focusing on slower fairways in the immediate future.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:09 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
given the speed mine flies very understable with a lot less HSS than my protons and a fresh neutron with the only advantage is a bit more LSS which helps from getting way off line or flipping too early/too much like can happen with something very flippy. I would rate my tangent 6/10 been rubbing it on tees and throwing the crap out of it.

Id like to see a fast lid like disc and something very opposite of the new resistor.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 18
It's taken me a while to figure out the awesomeness that is the tangent. When I first got it didn't really seem to have a use. If I wanted super straight I had my Axis. If I wanted some turn or fade in that range I'd use my anode.

But yesterday I used it on a couple of short anhyzers when I was stuck in the woods and was really surprised at the angles it could hold all the way to the ground with more control than I have with the anode or fuse, the disc I would normally use in that shot.

I'm still discovering how to use this bad boy but I'm finding myself reaching for it more and more.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 12
Initially when I got my Tangent I wasn't sure I would like it very much because I wanted something that was considerably understable. But after much use the Tangent has become one of my go-to discs and I use it more and more. It turns out that many holes on my local courses call for a slight right approach and the Tangent is the disc for the job. I also made a nice, dead straight tunnel shot through some trees right at the pin during my last round. Ol' Tangie has served me well
Old 10-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.5
I'm loving my Eclipse Tangent, have banged out several long birdies with it, absolutely love it for approaches. I also got an ace today with it.

I'm gonna have to start throwing one of my neutrons also so they don't get jealous, benched them for my beautiful orange Eclipse, which the color just absolutely pops when its in the woods.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:02 PM
FROLF OFF!

me too johnny! neutron will beat-in a little easier and have a different grip but really should fly the same. I have found a couple FLAT neutron tangents with a bit more HSS turn but one of them domed back up with use and the other 2 I traded off so really going with the one that looks good wasn't a bad choice I did the same!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:04 PM
FROLF OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate View Post
Initially when I got my Tangent I wasn't sure I would like it very much because I wanted something that was considerably understable. But after much use the Tangent has become one of my go-to discs and I use it more and more. It turns out that many holes on my local courses call for a slight right approach and the Tangent is the disc for the job. I also made a nice, dead straight tunnel shot through some trees right at the pin during my last round. Ol' Tangie has served me well
Ol tangie! Similar experience when I first got it but they really do get better seasoned in and once you figure out what its capable of, such a fun disc to throw!

Old 10-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
I've got a 172 orange proton Tangent and and it's the only MVP disc I have not fallen in love with. It's just too similar to my Axis. It's also my only MVP disc in proton plastic. I was thinking of trying one in Neutron plastic.

Is there any real difference in stability between the two plastics? I know Proton Volts are much more overstable than their Neutron counterparts. My Tangent is more stable than my Axis. On anhyzers they both turn over nicely but the Axis holds the line better. I've really like a Tangent that is actually somewhat understable.

Would the neutron plastic make a difference?