Old 08-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Birdie Member

Can't believe I was the last one to comment here almost a month ago. Anyway I've been trying out new putters for inside the circle and I tried a pure. It actually didn't work for me as well as some other options (swan2 and summit) so I put it ruled it out for putting. Today I went for some field practice with several Tangents several Axis's and the Pure (just for kicks as I knew it wasn't my inside the circle putter). I was very surprised that the Pure kept landing right by all the Tangents. It was maybe a few feet shorter on average but pretty dang close. Just an observation that to me the Tangent and Pure seem pretty dang similar both in feel (shallow rim and flat top) and flight.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:10 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAMson View Post
Midrange Pure. it's a freaking midrange Pure.
and as far as we can tell, it's an entirely unique disc. the Pure does its thing well and has some controllable turn in its upper range -- the Tangent does those flights but with about Speed 4.5 and a longer range. it reminded us of the Pure and Classic Roc in the hand, but with a tweener speed and a true neutral-stable flight.

ZJ and I just threw it outside the warehouse and hands-down, my new favorite MVP model. it suits my throw and style of play... I really love the Coyote and this was more magical. I was throwing it back to ZJ in a headwind and got some really smooth 3-foot-high cruisers. and probably 50% of our experimental shots were landing within 15'... this seems like a technical course-destroyer. really, really digging this model. hope the testers get theirs soon for some variety of feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
Most like a pure, but more workable

And faster/longer

I'll review it in depth when I get more play with it

But it holds all types of lines. Thrown flat it flips up and turns out slow. It was holding controlled hyzers with ease. It loves low lines, and laser shots

More workable than any MVP mid/putter

Easy to range. Very well balanced design
yeah its what sold me on the disc early on. Pures said bye bye.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:31 PM
Birdie Member

Ha! Looks like my observation has been made before. At least I'm in good company
Old 08-08-2014, 09:34 PM
FROLF OFF!

anytime you are in line with what zam and zj have to say then you're doing alllllllright
Old 08-08-2014, 09:36 PM
FROLF OFF!

PS to anyone who hasn't thrown a tangent well, its one of the best mids in the game- stop sleeping!
Old 08-08-2014, 09:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 16
still the best one disc round candidate, imo. i'm always tempted to pick them up and throw them again. since i've had to work my rocs more lately due to break-in periods, i've been throwing a lot more anny lines instead of turnovers. i could easily rip up any course around here with a tangent. i'd just miss a lot of the glide and baseline grip from the kc/dx rocs.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Much love for my Tangents but I've been giving some playing time to the Alias. So similar in feel and flight although they are each unique in their own right. MVP/Axiom makes some of the best -feel in the hand- mids out there. These guys know how to make some killer molds.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 28
Need to beat in my Neutron Tangent a bit but I bag three of these discs. 2 proton and 1 neutron. Absolutely love this disc.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 29
My buddy just got me a Tangent. I took it and my Alias out for a 2 disc round to compare them the other day. They feel very similar, but are definitely different discs. While I can see the Tangent as a one disc wonder, all of my birdies for the day came with my Alias, and I think it's a more versatile disc overall. The one thing the Tangent shines on though are those anny lines that my Alias tends to flex out of too early. I had a couple of shots with the Tangent where it snuck around a tree that my Alias had been catching the last few times I played the course. Both amazing discs. They'll stay in my bag for a good while I'm sure.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Bogey Member

My tangent is a majestic, beauty when it soars through the air. No problem the line, my tangent will hit it everytime, I love this freaking disc.