Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 147
Allentown, PA area

a buddy and I are driving from Richmond to Allentown, PA area, here is a map of our route. Do you guys think it's too much? We won't be able to hit the road until probably 9am on a saturday, which means we won't get to Tyler Park until 1:30 or so, then gonna play Nockamixon then off to French Creek. Camp at French Creek. Wake up Sunday, drive to Little Lehigh, then Jordan Creek, then Blue Mountain. Camp somewhere around Blue Mountain, then Monday morning head home, and hit Camp Sankanac on the way.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 106
I think you will struggle to finish Tyler and Nocky before dark starting at 1:30pm.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Birdie Member

really? i figure it's gonna be light until 8pm or so, daylight savings kicks in march 10th i think. are those both 2.5+ hour courses?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
If you figure two hours to play Tyler State, you leave there at 3:30 and it is about 45 minutes travel to Nocky. Then you'll need another hour and a half. You might have a shot if you both shoot well and don't lose discs. You also might run into an unforeseen issue with traffic on that trip too. I wish you all the best, but that is a real tight schedule. Good luck, you are playing a number of the best courses in PA.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Oh, you never posted what date you're leaving on. If you get the daylight savings time, you'll be fine, easily. You'll love those courses. I used to live 45 from Nocky and double that to Tyler, and in the long positions, Tyler can take close to 2 and a half. Nocky won't if you shoot well and don't lose discs. Allentown is a great disc golf haven. I don't recommend staying long. I did for 24 years. Andrew
Old 02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 27
I feel like going to French Creek to camp and than coming back into the Valley is kinda the wrong route. Wouldn't it make more sense to camp near Blue Mt on Saturday and than French on Sunday? I would recommend playing Bear Creek as well if you can.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: LHBH
Tyler will take at least two hours to play, as will Nock. Also, Blue Mountain's courses are an all day affair by themselves.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:43 AM
Birdie Member

i still haven't figured out where to camp around Blue Mountain, which is kinda why I chose camping at French Creek the first night, because it's right there in the park.

We're going April 6 - 8. The goal is to get every 4+ course in the area, we'll see if we can get that. Anybody want to play along, guides are more than welcome.

And if Bear Creek is open it will hopefully make the list. Anybody got any recommendations on camping in the area? This is all still just a rough draft, nothing set in stone other than making a google map.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 106
I thought you were talking about this Saturday, like 6pm sunset. I wouldn't recommend Little Lehigh without a guide and time being tight. It took me longer to try and navigate that course than Tyler.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
Little Lehigh? It's not 4+ rated and not really a fun destination course. It's far from it's heyday.
Why not play Iron Hill with Tyler
blue mtn is a daylong commitment to play all 3 courses and don't underestimate the beating that course will put on your body.
French creek and sankanac are very close to one another
nockamixon is close to tinicum and Sellersville
Jordan is close to south mtn and little lehigh
be sure to verify that sankanac is open
i'm also unsure when blue mtn opens the disc golf course
bear creek has had mixed reviews from most locals some cool holes and lots of meh is what I hear most say.