Old 02-21-2013, 03:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 684
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
Having just visited the area . . . I was able to play Tyler, Sellersville, Nockamixon, Jordan Creek, Wehr's Dam/Covered Bridges . . . I agree with opti . . . (although I did not get to see Tinicum)if you only have one day do Tyler, Tinicum, Sellersville, and Nockamixon. If you can keep going the next day try South Mountain, Jordan, Wehr's Dam/Covered Bridges . . . and I guess you could add Little Lehigh but I did not play it because the locals definitely did not favor it over other options ( Even Wehr's Dam).
Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: LHBH
I would be down to play a round, but on April 6th I will be at Flyboy
Old 02-21-2013, 07:01 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 32
Hit up stafford woods, its an awesome 9 holer, about ten minutes of the route o tyler.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 33
I must really be in a minority around here for liking the Little Lehigh.

If you need a tour guide for any of the courses listed, lmk (aside from Blue, only ever played the valley course there).

As others have said, some of these courses end up being black holes for time.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 27.9
Courses Played: 289
If you don't know the courses Tyler, Nocki and probably Jordan will take more than 2 hours each. You might not finish your 1st day before sunset. Plan almost a full day for Blue Mtn, after playing both the Peak and Summit courses, I doubt you'll have enough energy for any more golf that same day. Hopefully you are younger than me!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 138
Awesome input guys. Keep it coming please! I'll start on another route/plan when I get to work.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchajs1 View Post
Hit up stafford woods, its an awesome 9 holer, about ten minutes of the route o tyler.
10 minutes?

I'd like to see someone get from tyler to stafford in 10 minutes
Old 02-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Birdie Member

The Allentown, PA area is one of the best in the world IMO (and I've been around).

Not only does it have the 2005 World's courses near by, it has quite a few other 18-holers and a bevy (like a dozen or so) of 9 holes that you can chew up a full weekend just playing them...and liking them a lot!

If playing a course for the sake of playing it is your bag, cool; if you want to really grind at a course (as it may be the only time you get to play it), take the time to play them "concentrating"...and it will take you (and 1 other player) at least 2 hours to play any of the biggies. And I'd plan for 2.5 hours as you can't always control a 5-some ahead of you, etc. Enjoy them!

Karl
Old 02-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 115
I'll add my two cents for what it's worth.

I have doubts Blue Mountain will be open in early April. It generally opens in late May but I'm sure you can verify by reaching out to them.

As others have stated, Tyler, Nocky, Jordan, Sankanac, French Creek - all must plays for the serious disc golfer, totally worth the trip but each is time consuming.

Proximity-wise, Sellersville would be the one sub 4.0 course to play (near Nocky). Little Lehigh has seen better days but is close to Jordan if time becomes an issue. South Mountain is another local fav as it's a fairly quick, easy play and on the way to/from Jordan or Little Lehigh (depending on the route you take).

I would skip Wehr's unless you are bagging courses or loosing sunlight and want to cram something in after Jordan.

I doubt Bear Creek's mountainside course will be open in early April but again you can check with them. Their base course is essentially a plethora of birdie runs however it's kind of out of the way from the other local courses and probably not worth the effort if it's the only course open when you visit.

Finally, I'd check to see if any tourneys are being held at any of the courses during the time you are expecting to visit. The Inbounds page would probably be a good resource for this. (sorry don't have the URL handy and too lazy to look)

Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.9
Courses Played: 138
iron hill on the way up is a damn good idea.