Disc Golf Store
Old 06-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 204
Throwing Style: RHBH
Pullin' for my Sidekick Peden to take it down in the championship this week! This is an awesome idea and I think it will only grow with time
Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
I've been wondering for years why this isn't already being done everywhere. It's good to see y'all are getting it started.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.7
Courses Played: 117
Youth League wrapped on Saturday with a 1-round "tournament". Gracie shot 73 (10 worse than her personal best 63) but that was still good for 2nd overall in the 7-9 year old division, and was best among girls that age. The winner was the aforementioned 6-year old bomber. He shot 59. A good time was had by all. Park&Rec plans to run Youth League again in the Fall.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 53
Fantastic! Congrats to Gracie!
Old 06-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 70
Throwing Style: LHBH
It was very cool to be playing Angry Beaver on Saturday and see tons of kids playing Eager Beaver. Keep it up CGDC and Mecklenburg P&R! My daughter is only 8 months old but I have strong hopes that this league will be going when it's time for her to try it out!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:27 AM

Courses Played: 2
ahhh crud, i live in cary, and i just saw this
Old 06-12-2013, 10:22 AM

Years Playing: 3.5
This program was great. My daughter, Charlie, was the only girl in the 10-12 year old division and had not played with the boys during the prior weeks due to playing at the north site, Reedy Creek, having been grouped with the other girls playing at that site. She was a little intimidated by how much farther the boys threw than her at first and was trying to throw it as far as she could in the beginning. Which led to some errant shots and 2 7's in the first couple of holes. After I calmed her down and reassured her that accuracy and good putting (she's a great putter) can compete with distance she played very well. She finished 4 shots behind runner up and if she had taken bogey 4's on those 2 holes that she got 7's on she would have finished alone in 2nd by several shots. There was a LOT of talent in this youth program with one kid in the 13-15 yr old group shooting an 11 under par 43!! My daughter played with the winner of her 10-12 yr old group, Luke, and he shot a 7 under 47! Gracie played with Charlie the previous week and wowed me with her effortless drives and scored in the low 60's. One of the girls at Reedy Creek was only 7 or 8 and threw primarily forehand rollers with a champ rhyno, I believe, and she was excellent at it, often outdriving everyone in the group. It was as much fun for me to watch these kids as it was for Charlie to play in this league. She can't wait to do it in the fall. Kudos to Mecklenburg Parks and Rec, Bryan Joyner, Innova, CDGC, the Charlotte Chuckers, and all those involved in making this first of its kind league happen.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:40 AM
* Ace Member *

TheUnderdog - good to meet you and Charlie at Elon. Gracie will be 10 by the Fall, so she'll be in the 10-12 division if she plays in the league. Of course they'll be at different sites, but hopefully they would pay together at the end-of-league round.

Oh, and the annual kids tournament is Sat Oct 12. 2 rounds. They had 64 kids the first year and 80 last year. The age divisions this year are <6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, etc.

Past results:
http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-g...m/tourn_id/252
http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-g...m/tourn_id/422

This year's signup starts Aug 1:
http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-g...m/tourn_id/604
Old 06-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 59
I was looking at the results and I noticed that there was a Zach Wysocki who won one of the divisions. Is he related to Ricky?

Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Yep, little brother. And sister Yvonne (Vonnie) also played the tourney. Ricky's dad told me they named their kids in alphabetical order (not necessarily using every letter). Seems like there are 5 or 6 of them, with Yvonne and Zach obviously being the youngest - ha ha. Guess if they have any surprises they'll have to go all Excel with AAron or something.