Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 PM

Years Playing: 3.2
Throwing Style: LHFH
Is a Ching disc worth buying?

I've seen a few of the ching discs with the different dimple patterns on discgolfstore.com and always wondered if it would be a really good discs or if i should even bother picking one up
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
I picked up a Ching Velocity last summer purely because it looked funky and was like $8. For a brief while it was my longest flying disc. Then I hit a tree and it hasn't really flown right since. Didn't even hit the tree all that hard.

The Genesis is pretty good but I never use it because I have other discs that work just as well that I use more. Actually just decided today to try to fit it in my bag again.

I've also got a Legacy, Oracle and Precision that I picked up for cheap at a going out of business sale. They fly alright but with a Wizard, Voodoo, Vector, Buzzz, Buzzz SS, Stratus and what's now called a Zombee in my bag already they joined the Genesis on the sidelines. Don't see any of them working their way back into the bag anytime soon, though.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 21
My Genesis I had was like his Velocity, one tree hit and it was flip-tastic. The Juju, their putter, comes in an uuuber gummy premium plastic (think Champ/Z) that I actually enjoyed using for a while - I looked past the gimmicky part and indeed utilized the unique dimples/thumb grips. They're placed in an off centered arch, so the middle (of 7 I believe?) was the closest one to the rim/rim edge. Slide down two clicks the one way for hyzers and do the same on the other side for annys. Hard to expain, you have to feel it to get what I'm talking about.

The Oracle is actually a pretty awesome understable mid - it just gets overlooked/laughed at because of the three equidistant dimples. They're veryyy comfortable in the hand and IMO did offer the "consistent grip" thing better than for instance the Innova Thumtrac. It taught me how to transition my FH from a lid to a disc, matter of fact.

I wouldn't recommend Ching to anyone, but if I had to it would be the Oracle over the rest by far.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 370
I love the Legacy. Holds any line and can double as putter on travel. I carry it on every round.

I have thrown the precision, oracle, velocity, and genesis. Nothing too special. The plastic seems to break in fast. Thumb grips are unique, but really haven't noticed a different release using the different locations.

I would recommend the Legacy.