Old 02-28-2013, 11:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
as the sport grows i see it being highly plausible that areas can accomodate both high level players and recreational players.

though i think you don't understand that recreational players love going to incredibly difficult courses just as much as high level players; and disc golf courses can put in a rec tee off area much easier than a golf course.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 25
I'm watching the replay from yesterday and I started to wonder. Are any of the pros with mixed bags throwing any MVP. I have a brand new textured bottom ion that came in today and it made me wonder that. I haven't seen MVP show up yet but lots of westwide/lat64 showing up.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 29
Dave feldy had a volt in his bag i believe all the prodigy pros will have mixed bags bc only drivers are approved. Prob more mixed disc bags this year than ever.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 36
FYI. The Vista course played for the tournament is a much different track than the normal layout. The normal layout is much more beginner friendly. A good round for me on the Memorial course is 50 - 52, whereas a good round for the normal layout is more like a 40 - 44.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
You limit the people who can compete, that gives more leeway to make courses very, very difficult. Then you'd only have the top, 30-40 in the world competing. You wouldn't have the 940-950 guy competing against 1040 guys. That would lower the spread substantially. Add different tees/baskets for the "touring Pro" division (a division limited to 1020+ rated?)
The 1020+ guys need the donations (er...registration fees) from the 940 guys so that they have gas money to get to the next tourney. Reality sucks, but the reality is, this is a small time sport with no money coming from outside. The big names who actually net something after travel and registration expenses only do so by reaching into the pockets of the other players from within the sport. Under current circumstances, there is no way the 1020+ players would want to exclude the source of their gas money.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
FYI. The Vista course played for the tournament is a much different track than the normal layout. The normal layout is much more beginner friendly. A good round for me on the Memorial course is 50 - 52, whereas a good round for the normal layout is more like a 40 - 44.
Do you know how long they will leave the memorial setup? I'd love to play it when i get there monday.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTard View Post
Do you know how long they will leave the memorial setup? I'd love to play it when i get there monday.
It varies. Sometimes its up for several weeks, other times the baskets are pulled the Monday after.
Shoot me a PM when you get in town if you want me to show you around the course.

Last edited by The Hammer; 02-28-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 87
I understand that vista is what it is, but dont tell me that layouy is a par 60. Sure the par fours are 550+, but the greens are not challenging at all. How many times did we have a scoring spreax of more than a stroke, how many times did the players have to putt out of their normal stance. I hate the idea that having trees close to the basket is a bad thing, it makes you hit the fat part of the green. If you miss then you are left with a harder putt. Today we will see more of a spread and the type of greens we need to make disc golf a sucess on TV. I dont take intend this as criticism just hoping it doesnt fall on deaf ears and the copanies throwing these events can bring our NT events a higher caliber courses at events that are going to be part of the new TV deal.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
It varies. Sometimes its up for several weeks, other times the baskets are pulled the Monday after.
Shoot me a PM when you get in town if you want me to show you around the course.
Will do .

Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTard View Post
I'm watching the replay from yesterday and I started to wonder. Are any of the pros with mixed bags throwing any MVP. I have a brand new textured bottom ion that came in today and it made me wonder that. I haven't seen MVP show up yet but lots of westwide/lat64 showing up.
I know Nikko was throwing the Volt and the Axis around last year. Not sure if they stayed in his bag.