Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappletrees View Post
But did you hear about that new Innova DISCather Pro 28??? lol
I hear it catches boxes, chili pots, microwave ovens, and other large objects. We'll have to see about disc catching abilities.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Birdie Member

The fact that you can buy a lifetime membership for $25 kinda indicates that DGP will continue to have technical problems. You can't grow a technology dependent service like what they are offering without a decent amount of money.

Also if Prodigy was smart they would have taken some of that start up money and put a chunk of it towards DGP or something that would follow around their pros all year filming them. If Prodigy was funding a good quality source of pro DG vids, they would have a lot more supporters.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
Just to compare the user experience and my preferences:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Cantow View Post
quick pros and cons

pros
quality of picture was absolutely astounding. really really good job.
Not for me. I have 10Mbps internet and it was really grainy/pixilated whether running on my PC, laptop or tablet. Almost unwatchable.

cons
get better professionals commentating. they look the part but man crazy says some dumb things. i also cant stand greenwell's voice (personal preference i know)
I have no problem at all watching real people doing their best, versus the polished suits you too often see on TV. I fully enjoyed the commentary

FIX THE AUDIO LAG!!!!
agree. I would almost always hear the chains and then see the putt - probably 3-4 seconds average lag

get more camera's
That would be a logical next step improvement....and require a lot more complexity/cost I assume

more screen graphics showing yardage, hole info, player stats, etc etc
not that important to me. I am used to having my tablet on my lap while watching sports and getting the details I want when I want them (not when the broadcast gives them). I had a course map open (it was hard to find) and Google Maps aerial view open - that was very useful in understanding the course a little better.

theres many more pros and cons but those are the main ones as far as im concerned
Old 03-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
I have yet to hear anyone from Prodigy talk about how this disc line is going to help the average player improve their game. ?
I can answer that... My D4 is flying 30-40 ft. further than anything in my bag. I was in the circle in two on many of the long par 4s at The Memorial that I never would've without this plastic. So... yes. I'm a believer in the performance and don't really care about any of the other nonsense.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Team Borderland

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyLove View Post
I can answer that... My D4 is flying 30-40 ft. further than anything in my bag. I was in the circle in two on many of the long par 4s at The Memorial that I never would've without this plastic. So... yes. I'm a believer in the performance and don't really care about any of the other nonsense.
My point is that the company hasn't put out any hype like this. It's been all about the team, not the products.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
i guess discraft didn't feel like buying any advertising time on dgp.

the only complaints i have about the broadcast was cutting out at the end of the round and not knowing about paul's record round/catching up to will.

as a whole, the twitter feed was much more informative as to what was unfolding.

i'm interested to see how they cut it up for the BSN showing. it's in a month, right?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 24
We were able to track down Will and Paige for our wrap on the Memorial over at RattlingChains.com:

Schusterick overcomes scorecard error, wins Memorial in playoff

Kudos to Will for owning his mistake, and to both players for their wins this weekend.

We'll be doing NT previews and recaps all season over at Rattling Chains, so please feel free to follow along with us. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by patdb23 View Post
The missing of hole 17 and and the drives on 18 on the final card during the final round is simply inexcusable. Did the camera run out of battery again? This has happened before, they need a backup plan or a spare battery if that is the case.
I can't pretend to be an expert on the cameras, but my understanding is that the wireless camera is attached to a laptop/tablet type thing that connects wirelessly (3G/4G, I imagine) to broadcast the signal back to the production studio. When the battery dies on this setup, it's not simply a matter of plugging in a new/fresh one and continuing on. I guarantee they have a backup battery or two right there ready to go. The issue is more likely that it takes a few moments to reboot the computer and get the connection back up and running once the fresh battery is in.

Just picture how long it takes to reboot your own computer or tablet device (it isn't instant, obviously), then getting a program or two up and running and properly configured to do whatever it is it does. In that amount of time, the tournament is marching on, unless they should be asking the best players in the world to hold off on playing the last two holes of a tournament so the 2000 or so folks at home can get to watch.

That doesn't necessarily excuse them entirely, but there's no reason to imply that they were somehow unprepared for a dead battery. Perhaps they need to be a bit more proactive and switch out to a fresh battery more frequently, such as at any opportune moment like a two card backup on a tee. Just a thought.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
We were able to track down Will and Paige for our wrap on the Memorial over at RattlingChains.com:

Kudos to Will for owning his mistake, and to both players for their wins this weekend.

We'll be doing NT previews and recaps all season over at Rattling Chains, so please feel free to follow along with us. Thanks!
Nice! Way to keep us informed.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post

Thanks. Nice to know how the scorecard fiasco went down.