Old 03-06-2013, 04:41 PM

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
More Distance

This is my first post, and I'm sure there are more threads like this, but if you could all help me out. I am looking to get more distance on my backhand drive. Right now I average 300-350' but I have thrown almost 400' but that is very rare. I'm not sure if its my technique or what, I have watched just about every tip video I can think, and everything I try doesn't seem to help. If anyone could give me some advice and tips from personal experience I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 80
^only way to get more help is take a video of you throwing in a field and what discs you used.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:49 PM

I did do that, and there were a few things I tweaked, like pulling my disc on a line, and following through, but it didn't add any distance....
Old 03-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
first : welcome to the forum

Tip : try the search function

Another tip : look here : http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...hp?f=2&t=16139
Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 45
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 20
thanks for posting that Mike C!
Old 03-07-2013, 12:43 AM

Thank you guys that article was very informative smigles, and thank you Mike C. That video was short and to the point. I will definitely try these things and hope it works. What are your favorite distance discs? Also it seems like when I try to really get a good rip on the disc I seem to always throw it way right. I'm not sure if this is common or maybe you guys might have an idea of why this happens... Also is a anhyzer flip turn over or an "s" curve drive or a hyzer flip drive more beneficial to more distance?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:59 AM

http://youtu.be/qEPvfkF4_nk

Here is a vid of me driving hopefully you all can help me out. Critique away!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Send a message via AIM to New013
your timing is off and you're still not pulling the disc through your body. you're rushing through the entire pull you need to slow down and not accelerate until right before you are pulling the disc through your right pec.

as far as your timing you're going in to your reachback to early and you're pulling through as you're putting your right foot down. you want to have your right foot down before extending backwards (note that when i say extending i mean when you are extending the disc back to it's fartherest point backwards, you should already have your hips squared away from your target during your x-step) and putting your weight on your back foot. then you lead with your hips and pull your upper body around while pulling the disc straight through your right pec; while transfering your weight.

it also looks like your right plant foot is to open when you bring it down, you want to be more perpindicular to your target and twist on your heel and finish on your toes. also remember to stay more on your toes through the throw.

the other thing is you're releasing nose up.

Last edited by New013; 03-07-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
your timing is off and you're still not pulling the disc through your body. you're rushing through the entire pull you need to slow down and not accelerate until right before you are pulling the disc through your right pec.

as far as your timing you're going in to your reachback to early and you're pulling through as you're putting your right foot down. you want to have your right foot down before extending backwards (note that when i say extending i mean when you are extending the disc back to it's fartherest point backwards, you should already have your hips squared away from your target during your x-step) and putting your weight on your back foot. then you lead with your hips and pull your upper body around while pulling the disc straight through your right pec; while transfering your weight.

it also looks like your right plant foot is to open when you bring it down, you want to be more perpindicular to your target and twist on your heel and finish on your toes. also remember to stay more on your toes through the throw.

the other thing is you're releasing nose up.
everything New said and a few things of my own to add;

-to help with your timing I think you are starting your pull back almost two full steps to early. Your pull through should happen immediately after your plant foot is planted.
- It looks to me like you are not doing any weight transfer whatsoever...also on top of that you are only throwing with your upper body and trying to muscle the throw. You need to get your lower body involved. A good throw will feel effortless like you are almost throwing nothing at all.

Last edited by CBoyle; 03-07-2013 at 01:34 AM.