Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokensaint View Post
I had the same experience. My white pearl tournament plastic Underworld (173g) is a slow tracking right with no fade machine if I throw on an 8 o'clock hyzer from a standstill that gives me 260 - 280 ft. If I lean into it it flips over into the ground with the same amount of hyzer and the same low release. I experimented with getting a little more height, but I couldn't find the sweet spot, instead just rolling it or flying a kite. I see it as a very useful utility disc, an opposite number to my Demon...
Hmmm, Underworld and Demon. Just sayin'.
Finally an honest reviewer in distance! LOL
Old 03-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 25
Just got one 170 gr in VIP. I can definitely see the usefulness in this disc. it flips up nicely and fades out with light power. With a bit more snap, pulls well to the right out of the hyzer, but does fade back at the end. I'll try it out on the course today on a few holes that need that left to right or low, straight flight. I just have to remind myself not to put too much force behind it.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Birdie Member

Beat River sums this up. It turns a tick even on bad throws. Unless you have a perfectly seasoned flippy River, I see reason to have both in the bag. I know I will.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Eagle Member

And, this thing glides and glides. I've never thrown a river, but this really just sails along.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Throwing Style: LHBH
Well, out of all three Westside releases, this was easily the one I least wanted to try out. I got an Underworld in DD's Factory Second deal. Let me just say...wow....

I am extremely happy with how this discs flies. I got a 173g VIP Underworld and it does more than I ever expected. Have an even release....it glides for days on a nice turnover shot.

If I put a little bit of a hyzer on it, it straightens out(baby hyzer flip as I'll call it since I have a noodle arm) and goes dead straight for 300ft+. I am very very impressed with the Underworld. After 4 rounds it has kicked the SW out of my bag.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 65
Nice! I came home from a business trip tonight to a 172 VIP Underworld, amongst others, and I'm really looking forward to taking this disc out for the first time tomorrow. Really eager to see how it flies for me.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Nice! I came home from a business trip tonight to a 172 VIP Underworld, amongst others, and I'm really looking forward to taking this disc out for the first time tomorrow. Really eager to see how it flies for me.
I think you'll be impressed. I literally opened up my mystery box and found this gem and said, "Huh...this will make someone happy but it won't find a spot in my bag."

5 hours later, four rounds in....Underworld has taken the SW spot in my bag. Not to compare it to a SW by any means, but for how I throw and the discs I throw...it kicked the SW right out.

Still can't get over how far it went when I put a bit of a hyzer on it....
Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty4 View Post
I think you'll be impressed. I literally opened up my mystery box and found this gem and said, "Huh...this will make someone happy but it won't find a spot in my bag."

5 hours later, four rounds in....Underworld has taken the SW spot in my bag. Not to compare it to a SW by any means, but for how I throw and the discs I throw...it kicked the SW right out.

My thoughts exactly. It goes way farther than you would imagine. And in my mind, I'm thinking, I'm not even throwing it hard. Wonderful disc!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty4 View Post

One of my biggest questions is how a heavier VIP will compare to the lighter GL Rivers I've been throwing, which fly straight/slightly US for me with a bit of fade when thrown flat. If the heavy VIP can basically match that flight on a hyzer flip, than it might replace the Rivers for me. The advantage of that is that I'd have a more reliable out of the box turnover driver, which I'm sorely missing right now.

I'm test driving the Stag, too. If I like it, I might try to cover all my shots with a heavy VIP and light Tourney of each mold, with Banshees for crazy windy days.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmer2303 View Post
My thoughts exactly. It goes way farther than you would imagine. And in my mind, I'm thinking, I'm not even throwing it hard. Wonderful disc!
I slowed down my normal throw to ensure I had a hyzer release. 350ft hole through the woods and d&*@ if I didn;t put it within 30ft of the pin. That right there sold me...

It just kept going...