Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Most disc golfers these days don't know how to throw understable discs. They want to torque the hell out of something and have it fly just like they want. Underworld doesn't respond well to that.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Right. "Flippy" doesn't really exist. Except maybe in discs beat up into unuseable. Rollers happen because you make them happen.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Just had my first round with an Underworld, a 174 TP.

Wow, what not to like? It took me a couple throws, but I got it dialed in pretty quickly. Great easy distance, straight with a nice forward fade at the end, easy to control, even in a light breeze.

I almost flipped one, but it fought out of it and ended up going a long ways.

It felt like a heavier, slower Diamond, quite not as far, but easier to control.

In honor of Mr. Ebert, I give it a thumb way up.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
It felt like a heavier, slower Diamond, quite not as far, but easier to control.
YES! that's how to describe this disc.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Just had my first round with an Underworld, a 174 TP.

Wow, what not to like? It took me a couple throws, but I got it dialed in pretty quickly. Great easy distance, straight with a nice forward fade at the end, easy to control, even in a light breeze.

I almost flipped one, but it fought out of it and ended up going a long ways.

In honor of Mr. Ebert, I give it a thumb way up.
Sounds right on to me. It's a good disc to have at all times, because it requires that good form, smooth throw.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 66
I just can't get over how easy it is to throw turnovers of all shapes and sizes with this thing.

Take this hole for instance (hole 8 at City Park, NOLA).

The basket sits behind the second of the two oaks, 275 feet away. Before I got an Underworld I had only made par - at best, I could throw a Comet somewhere between the two trees off the tee (not enough height to get enough distance), then an easy upshot and putt in. In the last two weeks, however, I've birdied the hole 3 or 4 times - it's so easy to get the long, gradual turnover needed for holes like this. I love this disc.

I'll also reemphasize how good this disc handles in the wind for being so understable and so glidey.

I'll be curious to try out a max weight VIP (heaviest I've tried is 172), to see if it's noticeably less US.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.5
Courses Played: 16
My TP Underworld has just been so-so for me. Its a 167/8 and while it was good, it just is a tad hard to keep consistent. Enter the VIP Underworlds today...a 167 and a 172. Took them to a mini for their shakeout...THAT is what I was wanting with the TP. They both performed as expected and better. Just need a little more time with them to see what more they can do. These are definitely keepers. An added plus is they are very clear, too. Will work perfectly with LEDs for nite games.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bultx1215 View Post
My TP Underworld has just been so-so for me. Its a 167/8 and while it was good, it just is a tad hard to keep consistent. Enter the VIP Underworlds today...a 167 and a 172. Took them to a mini for their shakeout...THAT is what I was wanting with the TP. They both performed as expected and better. Just need a little more time with them to see what more they can do. These are definitely keepers. An added plus is they are very clear, too. Will work perfectly with LEDs for nite games.
I've found that the Tourneys are only consistent if I'm using them for turnover shots, especially low power/low ceiling turnovers. For hyzer flips and the like they're not as consistent as the VIPs. The VIP is a dream to me - turns over easily and reliably, but still versatile enough for hyzer flipping to straight and even gradual hyzers when thrown with a more drastic angle.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.5
Courses Played: 16
That is kind of what I am finding with the VIP as well. Very reliable. It may be the hyzer flipping that is lacking with my TP, not sure. Maybe I have a freak or maybe I am not letting the disc do its thing the way it wants to do it. Not sure. Not soured on it yet, but not quite friends with it yet either. I'll still work with it some more I'm sure.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Let me show you.

hmmm, maybe it'll show later. Just added pic to an album under my profile. Clicked copy link address, and pasted in between IMG tags.

Last edited by teemkey; 04-06-2013 at 01:50 AM.