Disc Golf Store
Old 04-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
I picked up an Underworld with merch bucks a couple weeks ago and let me tell you it has opened up a fantastic shot for me - the forehand hyzer flip that never fades back. I've never bought a true understable disc before and let me tell you i've been missing out. There are plenty of times where I need to make a long left turning shot but I don't have the room or footing options to throw RHBH, this underworld lets me do it with my forehand. I pop this baby up with a slight hyzer and a little more height than I normally would and it just turns nice and slow but not so much turn where it will roll upon hitting the ground, friggin amazing. On top of that it feels great in the hand , it's really easy to flick without OAT, and it's a beautiful marble masterpiece.

Last edited by Tmart; 04-22-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Anyway throw a VIP at 176ish grams who could compare it to the lighter weights? I was wondering if a max weight VIP would be noticeably different from my 172s. Would be nice to have a slightly straighter one for the bag just as an option, even though I'm getting better at hyzer flipping these guys.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Birdie Member

My Underworlds performed great for me yesterday. Played a course that isnt very long but gets pretty tight on alot of the holes. My Opto Underworld was on a frozen rope for most of my shots which was great for placement. My Goldline Underworld work perfectly for the subtle anhyzers and right turning shots. I only had one realy bad shot and that was due to the rain making my goldline slip out early of the tee. That was the only time when I wished this disc didnt have as much glide as it does. I am still trying to figure out how I missed all those trees. I realy like this disc. Out of the new Westside molds this is the one that found a spot in my bag.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Anyway throw a VIP at 176ish grams who could compare it to the lighter weights? I was wondering if a max weight VIP would be noticeably different from my 172s. Would be nice to have a slightly straighter one for the bag just as an option, even though I'm getting better at hyzer flipping these guys.
Qikly or anyone else....Have you tried a max? I'm just curious if you've noticed any stability differences
Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 PM
* Ace Member *

look its an underworld thread!!

vip underworlds are the bees knees!!! tp underworlds well they rock too!!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmer2303 View Post
Qikly or anyone else....Have you tried a max? I'm just curious if you've noticed any stability differences
i have a vip 175 and a tp at 167. noticabley different. the vip shows turn but always pulls out at the end. the tp will not fight back as easily. the vip was better in the wind and overall id say less turn just a tic more fade.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by davmer2303 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
i have a vip 175 and a tp at 167. noticabley different. the vip shows turn but always pulls out at the end. the tp will not fight back as easily. the vip was better in the wind and overall id say less turn just a tic more fade.
Still haven't thrown a VIP heavier than 172. My experience at that weight aligns with Mr. Glass' except that the VIP doesn't always pull out of a turn for me. I max out around 325', so not a big arm by any means.

I haven't seen any available higher than 176. I'm a bit suspicious that the extra 4 grams will produce that much of a difference, but I still intend to try when I have the extra cash to buy one.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 18
I like the Underworld. I carry one in TP and VIP. I use the TP the most. It's a great disc on tight wooded courses, for low power shots, hyzer flip turnovers etc. I like it the most because I can throw it on a decent hyzer, and have it flip and turn all the way over and not come back.

Cool Underworld story. A couple weeks ago I was trying to help a noobie at our weekly club event. I was trying to explain to him that all of his foot work was counterproductive and hurting his throw. He was starting to understand and grasp the concept of me telling him to learn to throw decent from a standstill before going for any type of run up. So We get to a wide open 300' hole. I'm trying to illustrate some point for him, and proceed to throw my Underworld around 340' from a standstill.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 32
I bought a 167 TP Underworld last weekend, and I loved it.....until I lost it in a lake on Tuesday. I lost a seasoned Star Leo about a month ago, and the Underworld was its replacement. Thrown flat (RHBH) it will go straight, turn right, and hold that line to the ground. I also tried hyzer flipping it with pretty good results. I found it much more understable than my Leo, and that is what I was hoping for. It is definitely a good compliment to my Saints/TeeBirds. I ordered a new one, hopefully it will be here by tomorrow so that I can use it the tournament this weekend.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:12 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 32
I've been throwing the Mamba for long Left to Right holes, but it is way too unpredictable. The only thing it does consistently is roll, though I have gotten it out to 330 several times with Hyzer flips. I just can't seem to get the release angle right on it. The Underworld went exactly where I was aiming the first time I threw it. It will fly on most of the same lines that my Star Leo did, but with much less effort. I can't wait to try this thing for some big tail-wind drives.