Courses Played: 22
how do these compare to the fury?
i still haven't got to give my fury a good work out yet
Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
Been throwing my 174 TP a lot. I'm finding that it is more straight with fade than left-turning for a soft tossing LHBH thrower. I initially compared it to my Diamond, which goes left then flattens out, but this disc is almost the opposite.

The actually complement one another quite nicely.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

I played our local wooded course for the first time this year today, and the Underworld was a shining star on tight wooded fairways. I just gave it a snap with no run up and it would fly straight, and the glide would kick in and carry a nice distance from the tee.

The very definition of control driver for me.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
I played our local wooded course for the first time this year today, and the Underworld was a shining star on tight wooded fairways. I just gave it a snap with no run up and it would fly straight, and the glide would kick in and carry a nice distance from the tee.

The very definition of control driver for me.
I'm also discovering the possibilities of this disc at various power levels/release angles/etc. It responds very well when you dial back on power for the sake of throwing controlled into a tight window. On Thursday I parked a line drive on hole 4 at City Park, which I've never been able to do before: I usually opt to sky anny to the left of the trees, but it was crappy weather and I didn't think I could pull the shot off. So I just powered down a Tourney Underworld and watched it sail straight between the near trees and underneath the far one. Awesome.

I'm also getting better at hyzer flipping the Underworld, which allows me to throw a laser at maximum power. It's not an easy shot, but now that I'm starting to get the right combination of release angle and snap, I'm seeing the potential. What a great disc.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:05 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 53
I also like throwing the hyzer flips. They are awesome when I am on, but a pain when I am not. That is due to firm and not the disc.

I'm thinking about getting vip to pair with my tp.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

I found the VIP easier to control when I first started throwing them, although after a few months of familiarity that's no longer the case. VIP is a notch more stable.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

I've been throwing my TP a lot the last month or so, and I really don't find it to be super-understable. I recently acquired another in TP that is about 5 grams lighter, and it has similar characteristics. It's pretty rare that I flip this disc unlike other understable molds I've thrown. It just flies nice and straight with good glide and dependable fade at the end.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 06-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

I've thrown my Tournaments more and more as time has gone on. I've got three between 166 and 168. They do turn easier than the VIPs for me, and have a lower tolerance for power, but there's so much you can do with them: lately, I've been using them a lot for tighter shots where I really need to power them down to achieve the desired accuracy, and they're money for those. They'll turn a bit depending on how I release them, but will fly pretty straight with a minimum of fade, and it's amazing how much distance I can get with them on a 60% power throw. Today, I parked two of them through a ~10' window at 280' with just a soft, easy throw. It was pretty sweet.

I notice their added understability the most on wide open shots where distance is more needed than accuracy: while they'll sail if thrown correctly, they're more liable to turn over too drastically or stall and fade out than the VIPs in such circumstances. You can't throw the VIPs with a ton more power, but they'll take enough extra that they're more dependable for me when I need extra D.

I still need to get my hands on a 176+ VIP; the ones I have are a few grams lighter, and I'd like to have the VIP slot be as sturdy as possible.

One general realization I've had with this mold: treat it nice (smooth, not too much power) and it'll reward you.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
I've thrown my Tournaments more and more as time has gone on. I've got three between 166 and 168. They do turn easier than the VIPs for me, and have a lower tolerance for power, but there's so much you can do with them: lately, I've been using them a lot for tighter shots where I really need to power them down to achieve the desired accuracy, and they're money for those. They'll turn a bit depending on how I release them, but will fly pretty straight with a minimum of fade, and it's amazing how much distance I can get with them on a 60% power throw. Today, I parked two of them through a ~10' window at 280' with just a soft, easy throw. It was pretty sweet.

I notice their added understability the most on wide open shots where distance is more needed than accuracy: while they'll sail if thrown correctly, they're more liable to turn over too drastically or stall and fade out than the VIPs in such circumstances. You can't throw the VIPs with a ton more power, but they'll take enough extra that they're more dependable for me when I need extra D.

I still need to get my hands on a 176+ VIP; the ones I have are a few grams lighter, and I'd like to have the VIP slot be as sturdy as possible.

One general realization I've had with this mold: treat it nice (smooth, not too much power) and it'll reward you.
That's the truth - I've been trying to get back to basics and work on clean pull-trough and snap with little lower body movement, and that may be why I'm getting the flights i do - not sure about smooth, but it really flies far with little power.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 19
I picked up a 169g VIP Underworld at Spinners last time I was down in PHX. Took it over to Vista and threw of a few tees, and I must say it has an enormous amount of glide. It was incredibly flippy as well, but Phoenix is essentially at sea level.... Up here in Prescott at 5000ft. it is still very very understable but I can't believe how straight it flies. I was throwing an off hand round yesterday up in Groom Creek and I was standing and delivering this thing like an laser. Great tight window fairway driver!