Old 03-02-2013, 11:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
So has anybody actually thrown the disc instead of looking at flight charts?
i was fortunate to snag a factory second early and have had a few rounds with it and a field session.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
Thanks for your thoughts Skulboy! I can imagine it'd be hard to get a lot of mileage out of this disc if you had a reliable FH. How does it compare glide- and distance-wise to, say, a River?

Stamp seems made for you.
River, for me, flies flat with slight left fade at end. Underworld thrown flat goes right and finishes right. there was some wind and I really didn't get chance to put it through the paces so can't comment on glide and distance yet.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 13
Wouldn't the Underworld overlap more with the River more than anything else? An understable Fairway driver that glides for days. I've noticed a lot of Westside's ratings seem to be slightly changed in order to make it different than Lat 64 discs. I haven't thrown a Stag but it could potentially be a useful hyzerflip disc.

Either way, that is one very nice looking disc Skullboy has there.

Last edited by AaronMonier18; 03-02-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
i can get the river to do that all the way down but i have to force that on the river, where the [Underworld] wants to do it.
Assuming you meant the Underworld there, that's been my experience with the River, too: depending on the severity of the left-to-right angle I'm throwing, it can be a fight to get it to hold that line. Obviously, getting better helps, but the Underworld piqued my interest primarily because it seemed like it would be more consistent in this regard.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
i can get the river to do that all the way down but i have to force that on the river, where the stag wants to do it. reminds me of the glide when i threw them. its going anny 95% of the time unless thrown too high.
Good point about the need to force the River to hold that line. You have given me something to think about now in regards to picking up an underworld. Trying to keep my bag simple with few mold options and force myself to learn how to work what I have. Instead of looking for a disc to make a shot. If it wasnt for my urge to try out new Lat and Westside plastic this would be alot easier.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronMonier18 View Post
Wouldn't the Underworld overlap more with the River more than anything else? An understable Fairway driver that glides for days. I've noticed a lot of Westside's ratings seem to be slightly changed in order to make it different than Lat 64 discs. I haven't thrown a Stag but it could potentially be a useful hyzerflip disc.

The Stag is an overstable(ish) speed 8 driver.

edit: I have to edit mine because you edited yours! First time I read it you had Stag and not Underworld. Bah!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwfromthewoods View Post
edit: I have to edit mine because you edited yours! First time I read it you had Stag and not Underworld. Bah!
Hah! I almost corrected that, too. Too many WS discs to be excited about!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 22.3
Courses Played: 61
I say just beat them Rivers in a little and you will have a nice turnover disc. Find you one of the flatter ones and it won't take much to get it to where there is no fade.I like sticking to as few of molds as possible. Right now I use the River for all my fairway driver shots. The only thing I may need sometimes is an overstable fairway driver in the bag. Was looking at the Stag or possibly the DD fairway driver. Gonna wait on more reveiws of both first. I wish Latitude/Westside would release about a 12 speed turnover driver. I just don't dig the Bolt for that slot. Too nose angle sensitive for me.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Would Leopard be an appropriate comparison?

Old 03-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronMonier18 View Post

^^^Give this man a cigar!