Old 03-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
So....Correct me if I sound off on this:

I'm going to buy all 3 of the new westside molds. The only hang-up is my justification to the girlfriend(also have to decide which discs I get and which ones she gets).

I have a mildly-beat, GL river. It holds any line I throw it on. No fade; just floats down to the ground. It is dark blue, and can be hard to find in woods and swamps, so I'd like to replace it.
I also have a Medusa that I like. It is my long, hyzer-flip disc, my hard turn right disc, and a great stamp that I'd love on the wall. It is also the wrong color orange, and blends into the pine straw and leaves. The GF and I both love to throw it.

I think the Underworld would be a good replacement for my River and Medusa. I might need to buy one for the GF too.

The Tursas sounds like a nicer Element to me, and I love squid/kraken/octopi. I'd buy it just to hang on the wall, but I'd probably throw it too, as I enjoyed my Element.

The Stag....I don't see it knocking the Striker out of my bag for straight line shots, but the GF loves her Eagles, and I am hoping a TP Stag can be worn in to suit her, as she doesn't like how loose the Eagles fly in a wind. Plus, I'd love to two-disc a round with the Stag and a Flying Squirrel...like Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Now, who knows anything about Westside's new bags?
Old 03-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.4
Courses Played: 16
From what everyone is saying, it sounds like the Underworld is more like my beatish GL Vision...or maybe a little more US. That would be cool. I also now have the Patriot looking at that spot. Sounds like this will be interesting.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 8
Probably more like a TM River beat into the sweet spot already in premium plastic. Not a bad thing.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Eagle Member

The Underworld is kind of like a beat River. For me, new Rivers go laser straight with forward fade/skip. It takes a bit to beat them into the turnover sweet spot, but the Underworld does that right away. I've been using it for right turns, but also for straight hyzer flips and turnover flex shots in the woods. It will definitely fade for you if you release it properly (i.e. no OAT or anny release). Outside of the River, My main comparison to it would be a longer seasoned Pro Leo with more glide. I like that--it will fit well next to my Rivers for now (i.e. as long as its freezing out and there's snow on the ground), we'll see how long it stays in the bag when normal conditions resume.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
I have a baby arm. The Underworld sounds like a wet dream to me.

To those who have thrown it: Is it as nose angle sensitive as the River?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
I have a baby arm. The Underworld sounds like a wet dream to me.

To those who have thrown it: Is it as nose angle sensitive as the River?
YES... And by yes I mean like a lot more nose sensitive, for me any way and that's a 171 TP underworld. I don't think I have a problem with OAT either
Old 03-02-2013, 05:30 PM

Courses Played: 14
i really hope the underworld is as good for turnovers as it is being made out to be. I have a super beat GL River that i have been wanting to replace and the underworld sounds like it will fill that spot.
Has anyone had any flight differences between VIP plastic and TP plastic.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by -- Villain -- View Post
YES... And by yes I mean like a lot more nose sensitive, for me any way and that's a 171 TP underworld. I don't think I have a problem with OAT either
Bollocks. Well, at least I still have the FD if this is really the case.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcuin View Post
The Underworld is kind of like a beat River. For me, new Rivers go laser straight with forward fade/skip. It takes a bit to beat them into the turnover sweet spot, but the Underworld does that right away. I've been using it for right turns, but also for straight hyzer flips and turnover flex shots in the woods. It will definitely fade for you if you release it properly (i.e. no OAT or anny release). Outside of the River, My main comparison to it would be a longer seasoned Pro Leo with more glide. I like that--it will fit well next to my Rivers for now (i.e. as long as its freezing out and there's snow on the ground), we'll see how long it stays in the bag when normal conditions resume.
Thanks for answering my question. Sounds like a heavier TP or lighter Opto would be my sweet spot. Definitely want to get one of these as soon as my local vendor gets a supply.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
For me a 171 TP Underworld wasn't as flippy as I thought it would be. I didn't throw it too much today though since it was pretty windy. Definitely need some more testing with it but unfortunately there's about 7 inches of fresh snow now..