Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Tournaments

Old 03-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
The good thing about these threads is it identifies the whiners, cry babies, silver spooners, and general fools I have no desire to play a tourney or even casual round with. It also points out the people who love disc golf like I do. Which is cool.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
The good thing about these threads is it identifies the whiners, cry babies, silver spooners, and general fools I have no desire to play a tourney or even casual round with. It also points out the people who love disc golf like I do. Which is cool.
I like the way you think. It is simple you don't like it don't play...but feel free to cry and look like a fool. These are the type of people that make it difficult for the TD running the event. YOU are never going to make everyone happy. My true joy comes from playing the event with friends and doing what I love. It is my hobby and I budget to play the events. Grip and rip my friend.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Groups of players who like to insult and belittle those with differing opinions?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 136
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
It also points out the intolerant for other peoples opinions....
Old 03-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
That part I agree with.

Rather than charge me $50 and give me $20 in merch, I'd be much happier if tournaments charged me $30 and let me buy $20 in merch, or not, including those custom-stamped momentos or shirts if I wanted them.
I agree. Heck, i might even buy more than that $20 if you have a disc store on-site that i can buy discs I want to throw.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallpaul View Post
Player's packs are a way for TD to make some money (for whatever purposes he/she desires).
This is true---to a degree. Whether players packs or merch payouts, TDs are making money on the margin, to apply as they wish. But they could make the same money with a much smaller cash surcharge.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 74
Quote:
That part I agree with.

Rather than charge me $50 and give me $20 in merch, I'd be much happier if tournaments charged me $30 and let me buy $20 in merch, or not, including those custom-stamped momentos or shirts if I wanted them.
That's a good point also. I'd be fine with that model.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 59
Quote:
Groups of players who like to insult and belittle those with differing opinions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
It also points out the intolerant for other peoples opinions....
Old 03-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain Wrangler View Post
All I am hearing is a bunch of pansy crybaby disc golfers. Grow a set and shut up. Either play the event or don't. Happy Thursday
how about you stfu. "Someone disagrees with my opinion so they are cry babies". I am so sick of intolerant people like you. How about you actually contribute to the discussion instead of insulting. Present a good argument for the side you are on. But you probably don't have one so you hurl insults instead.

Personally I don't like the Trophy-Only/"Better" Players Pack Idea. I have never been a fan of the AM Scam, but at least I got to choose the discs I wanted. This takes the Am Scam to a whole new level.
I do think a way needs to be thought up to allow TDs to actually make money from these events but this is the wrong way.
I can think of 4-5 players packs I have ever received (been playing tourns regularly since 06) were I actually liked and used the players pack items. Most of those other discs were sold to other people or are sitting in a bin somewhere in my house.
If this becomes the norm for Am Worlds, you can count on alot of other AM Only tournaments growing tremendously in size over the next year or so. Anyone I have talked to about this said they are not going now.

And I do think the payout scheme is dumb as it is. Too many people get paid out. I've always felt only the top 20% deserve a payout of any kind. And really I would prefer it only be the top 10 people (I know I am in the extreme minority on this).

Old 03-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Birdie Member

Wow...a lot of different opinions on this thread. Personally, we'll spend about $3500 to fly my family back to KS this summer and compete. I really hope to play well and it will be a great experience for my son. I couldn't care less about trophy, players pack, or script payouts. My son and I will come to compete. That's it. Life is short man.....how many opportunities will each of you have to play for a world championship title? Focus on what you are there to do, not payouts. Play out of your mind and find a way to win. Who wants 2nd place? Or 22nd? I don't care about ratings or experience or the depth of the field. The champion was the best player THAT WEEK. Quit whining about payouts and go focus on winning your division.