Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > Tournaments

Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
see this is what i was saying in the other thread, you dont need to pay 50% out, the top 10 or so if there is 500 players. I totally agree with this and the pros should agree this is a great idea. I think this will make it more competitive b/c of such a small pay out field. Good job DD
Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHFH
Did raider really go that cheap and take a shot at the tornados tragedies? Pretty crappy on his end. And why bag on the idea when it has t happen yet. Players may actually like this idea once it happens and get their player packs
Old 03-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Par Member

players packs.. hrmm stickers, bottle openers, disc no one will throw, disc that been out for yrs.. only good disc from last yr was the worlds ti nuke.. the teeshirts last yr were a joke in our players package as well,, very dissapointing.. a cotton puke yellow shirt .. plus listenin to DD say our packs are goin to be a certain amount, when all of us know that when orderin disc for tournys they are payin a max of $5 per disc so dont make it out that we are getting a leet rare disc worth ALOT.. they need to pay out 20% of the tourny and that is less than half of what they paid out last yr.. but to do trophy only.. when word gets out i wouldnt be supprised on a low turnout.. locals in KS will love it cause they will play since they wont have to travel like the rest of us would for a undervalued players pack and trophy only Worlds
Old 03-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRaider View Post
players packs.. hrmm stickers, bottle openers, disc no one will throw, disc that been out for yrs.. only good disc from last yr was the worlds ti nuke.. the teeshirts last yr were a joke in our players package as well,, very dissapointing.. a cotton puke yellow shirt .. plus listenin to DD say our packs are goin to be a certain amount, when all of us know that when orderin disc for tournys they are payin a max of $5 per disc so dont make it out that we are getting a leet rare disc worth ALOT.. they need to pay out 20% of the tourny and that is less than half of what they paid out last yr.. but to do trophy only.. when word gets out i wouldnt be supprised on a low turnout.. locals in KS will love it cause they will play since they wont have to travel like the rest of us would for a undervalued players pack and trophy only Worlds
We get it. You don't like it.

Stay home.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRaider View Post
You're complaining about last year's pack? Go make a thread about it and complain there you troll. This isn't last year.

We all know? How many of their tournaments have you played Trolly McGee? You get dyemax molds of manufacturers like Latitude or LE stuff from Discraft and Innova. Dri Fits or flex fit hats with a logo that isn't lame, etc etc etc.

Get it through your skull, I'm telling you don't come. Play De La another time and pretend you won world's and go buy yourself another ugly yellow shirt like you already know you'll get.

You wouldn't want to get blown away by a twister, light weight.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobwilson View Post
We get it. You don't like it.

Stay home.
Eloquence.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
Eloquence.
Eloquence?

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:04 AM

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 66
Personally, if I didn't finish in the top 5-10 I wouldn't feel like I deserved anything.

I think tournaments payout way too far anyway. Good call DD.

BTW MrRaider: Every time I see a post from you I can only think of the BTK Killer, ironically from Kansas. Stay in Cali where the Tornadoes and serial killers can't get you..
Old 03-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHFH
And the point about disc nobody wants to throw is invalid. You must of never played a dd tourney. I have played in 3 over the past few months. Tourney 1 I picked up a volt and ascent. Both disc I wanted to try. The second was a first run judge putter and a northman plus a birdie bag and water bottle. This tourney was an escape and and pearly underworld that was released the day before plus a hat.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFNT View Post

BTW MrRaider: Every time I see a post from you I can only think of the BTK Killer, ironically from Kansas. Stay in Cali where the Tornadoes and serial killers can't get you..
True Story. I lived in Wichita while that case came back in the early and mid 2000's I ran a few retail movie stores in the suburbs around Wichita one of them being Park City and a stone's throw distance from that guy's house. I watched him get pulled from his truck and arrested. He didn't have any late fees on his movies at the time thankfully.

Stay away from Kansas Mr. Raider. We're all nuts.