Disc Golf Store
Old 09-24-2013, 11:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 78
Throwing Style: RHBH
Here's my group from the Altoona Ace Race this past Saturday. I'm the one with the orange disc, btw. Good times!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHFH
WHAT IS WITH ALL THESE LAST MINUTE "DUDE DO YOU HAVE ANY EXTRA PACKS FOR SATURDAY?" PEOPLE. WHERE WERE YOU FOLKS TWO WEEKS AGO?!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 78
The last to races I've been at have had a couple late comers, too. Fortunately, in both cases, another player was willing to let them use one of their discs so everyone got to play. I thought that this was pretty cool.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
So all of our player packs have sold...*ahem* It appears I need to find some crow to eat.

Learned my lesson though...Next year we have ONE AR in Berrien County - if I have anything to say about it.
I would think that as a returning TD, the other Ace Race will automatically be allowed to have the Ace Race and you will not be consulted.

A few years ago, a second Ace Race was set up within 25 miles of mine (which I fully supported). Discraft emailed me and I said I supported it. They have continued to have it and I have not gotten anymore emails from Discraft since the first one (note, I still fully support the 2nd Ace Race).
Old 09-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 52
So my ace race this weekend is now going to be a wet event. After a summer of drought conditions it has a 50-60 percent of rain and thunderstorms. I am now debating on really shrinking the course and having the players throw both disc per hole to speed up the process. Not thrilled with this idea, but we may have a short window to work in. Rain is scheduled til miday on Sunday and I leave for vacation so the next two weekends for make up can't happen because i be 1400 miles away. Any body has any other options I should consider? Or is the two throw option the best on a rainy day?
Old 09-27-2013, 12:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
WHAT IS WITH ALL THESE LAST MINUTE "DUDE DO YOU HAVE ANY EXTRA PACKS FOR SATURDAY?" PEOPLE. WHERE WERE YOU FOLKS TWO WEEKS AGO?!
Even though I don't play tourneys, I follow them. Through observation of many registration processes, I've come to realize that disc golfers are the most procrastinating bunch of lazy bums on the face of the earth.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
Even though I don't play tourneys, I follow them. Through observation of many registration processes, I've come to realize that disc golfers are the most procrastinating bunch of lazy bums on the face of the earth.
LOL. We had people DAY-OF the event asking to register. AND getting pissed off when we said we were sold out.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 52
For my vibram birdie bash in may, I had to turn away 7 after selling all 72 spots. An that was after 5 I my players including myself giving up their spots. In July I turned away 3 after selling out all 50 packs I bought. So I'm curious about the walk up crowd for Saturday. But I know people like to wait. I went from 19 to 43 in my final 5 days of pre reg even though I posted at the first f August.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 AM

Never Mind

Last edited by Noodle; 09-27-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Par Member

Ace Races should not sell out.

Worst case, you have a crowd of people with 2 discs in their possession.

Then you have a few people who didn't sign up. To which you politely ask your crowd: "Would anyone like to let someone borrow or buy one of their discs?"

The trick is telling the non-signed up crowd to come back after you get all your pre-regged people their stuff.

It's a beautiful thing seeing people cooperate and "make it work".

No one gets turned away at our Ace Race. It just might be a tiny bit awkward for a minute or two, but it's worth it to let a handful of people enjoy the day with you rather than telling them "better luck next time."