Old 04-24-2013, 10:50 AM

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooTaters View Post
My apologies for missing such a post, but I play recreationally and I do care about weight. Maybe some wouldn't call it recreationally with how much I play, but I rarely ever keep score so it's not competitive either. I will admit exact weight isn't a problem, but I do prefer the weight to be 165-172, unless I'm looking for something specific like a wind disc and want it heavier.

I'll admit you have a point on flight differences unless you're looking at large weight differences, but I would argue I notice the difference in how much power it takes to throw a disc that is heavier. Now would I notice a difference between a gram or two? No which is why my preferred weight above(for drivers) has such a large range. I'm not trying to say what you're doing is wrong and do like what you said about no trash, I'm just speaking my mind and throwing out my 2 cents. I guess with what you've said I'd hope at least there might be something on the machine which notifies people that all discs(except things like blizzard plastic) is 170g or above.
Yeah good call Moo, we have a decal on the viewing area stating the 170 plus. We hope to have gen 2 give choice of color but as others have mentioned we are rolling out this version first to see if we can afford a more expensive upgrade. This is another reason to lease the machines vs sell them out right. It's much easier to renew a lease then it is to buy another machine. Kind of like cell phones.The lease is a win situation for everybody involved.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
These things are going to be big! I remember when Ross Brandt told me about them back in November, and couldn't wait to see what you guys have been cooking up. Can't wait to see them here in the Twin Cities!
Working on it in fact the Cities were the first place we started. MN has the most park regulation we've come across. Rossy is on it though, we've got 3 courses in mind.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 345
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
These things are going to be big! I remember when Ross Brandt told me about them back in November, and couldn't wait to see what you guys have been cooking up. Can't wait to see them here in the Twin Cities!
Where do you think would be the best fit in the cities? 3 Rivers Parks? Acorn?
Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 345
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputter View Post
Working on it in fact the Cities were the first place we started. MN has the most park regulation we've come across. Rossy is on it though, we've got 3 courses in mind.
Which parks? If you are able to let us know?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndiscg View Post
Which parks? If you are able to let us know?
Acorn for sure
Old 04-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Par Member

I think it's a great way to give quick access to people who come to public parks and want to give disc golf a shot; maybe they drive past and see baskets and have no idea what they are looking at. This is a way for them to get involved within a few minutes
Old 04-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Birdie Member

I think having all discs over 170g is a mistake. A few options of lighter, less stable discs for those who want/need that would be sensible. It might also make sense for folks who load discs into these machines to put a sticker on the front of the disc with the weight listed, so buyers could see what's available at least in the front of each disc option. Foolish newbs will be buying the wrong discs (way too overstable!) much of the time, but at least those who know what they're looking for will have options.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
I know it was mentioned earlier that weight stickers become litter the second the disc is pulled from the machine. What about writing the weight on with a grease pencil or something that can be easily wiped from the disc?
Old 04-26-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disc Golf Live View Post
I think having all discs over 170g is a mistake. A few options of lighter, less stable discs for those who want/need that would be sensible. It might also make sense for folks who load discs into these machines to put a sticker on the front of the disc with the weight listed, so buyers could see what's available at least in the front of each disc option. Foolish newbs will be buying the wrong discs (way too overstable!) much of the time, but at least those who know what they're looking for will have options.
DGLive - If you look at the photograph there is a precise method to our point of purchase. We've broken down every disc to skill level based on experience which is clearly stated along the left side of each shelf on the machine face. Weights don't dictate stability as much as molds do.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I know it was mentioned earlier that weight stickers become litter the second the disc is pulled from the machine. What about writing the weight on with a grease pencil or something that can be easily wiped from the disc?
That's a better solution for sure, thanks for the suggestion! However, we still don't want to confuse new players with too much information. Like I said in the previous post weight has never been an issue throughout my career (170 or above) in 9 years of touring and tournament play. I only cared about weight if it was below 170 because that was the only time I saw a significant difference in flight. We do offer Blizzard plastic though and it's labeled accordingly.

Last edited by harryputter; 04-26-2013 at 04:08 PM.