Old 04-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Lefty Activist

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: LHBH
Hornet's Nest hole #4, witnessed by bravethrower43.

Started off poorly. Shot 5-4-3 on the first 3 holes.

So I get to the tee and I say "I'm skipping the 2, going straight for the 1."

I'm a LHBH so I like the hyzer line over the baseball field to the left of the pole.

Looked money the whole way.

SPLASH, and limped over the basket edge.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:40 PM

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Par Member

Hole # 16 in verdugo golf course.

Throw a prodigy D1 sidearm slight s-curve hit chains then middle of the pole.

Bounced out 1 foot in front of basket...
Old 04-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 18
A few weeks ago...

Hole 15 @ Quaker's Challenge is easily the shortest hole on the course, but it also probaly has the most trees on it

My right shoulder is fuct, so I have been playing as a lefty for the last several months. Accuracy is not something I have developed yet as a lefty, however I pured a hyzer from the tee that was never more than 5' off the ground.

I was surprised that it made it past the first several trees, then things got all slow motion-y on me... I thought to myself "holy ****, that has a chance". I just so happened to have a good buddy on my card that round, I heard him say "Skip Ace"... and wouldn't you know it, the disc skipped... kept turning... headed strait for the basket... nailed the yellow chastity belt and dropped straight down in front of the basket

Not only would that have been my first left-handed ace, but also my first ever ace.

Oh well... it should happen eventually.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
^

It will. It took me over 25 years of playing to get my first and only ace.

I have hit chains and basket at least 3-4 times since my ace though.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 14
Recently, I have been on the Ace Hunt. At a small tourney in Senioa, Ga, I hit chains on a sidearm skip ( M1) on my very first throw of the day. Nothing else seemed to come close after that. That would have been for money. A few days later, at my "home" course, I threw the same disc, on a forehand, and hit chains for an ace. It was neat as I had never aced that hole before but I was a little salty that just two days later I hit it.

The next weekend I was playing doubles at McCurry Park in Fayetteville, Ga. The Ace Fund is up to about $370. I was on the same card as Pro Kevin McCoy. I watched him throw a fantastic shot on hole #4, missing by about six feet too long (hole 4 is a long downhill shot so it looked just perfect). We get to hole #10 and he throws another beautiful shot, missing off a skip by probably 6 ft. again. I step up, throw my drive and stand as tensed as my body would allow. My D1 never left the line meant for the chains. It hit just a smidge left of the pole, floated in the chains and spat out. Talk about excitement. Then, after all joke were made, I went home to my "home" course and played the next day. Again, the same hole, with my D3, on a different forehand line, I hit the Ace.

To make this even worse, less than a month before all of this "hit-an-ace-after-you-chain-out-for-money" silliness, I hit chains and spat out at a different round of McCurry Dubs. We had set up temp baskets to make a few of the par 4's into extra par 3s. I hit the chains on a bit sweeping hyzer and it spat out... and I didn't even grab the CTP. I can't complain about aces or spit outs, but man do I want to.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
Two weeks ago I hit basket 4 times in one week. No aces.
I know the feeling.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 28
All the time lol. Last week hit a tree and fell 2ft behind it.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Birdie Member

Yesterday afternoon - after 18 holes - just shooting with my buddies on hole #3 310' crossed the front of the chains and basket and then skipped 30' to the left......and of course .....I missed the the bird putt!

Ah well, after 8 months of playing I've chained once, metal twice, and about four of these "near-hit shots" .....It'll come soon I hope..

Old 04-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Lefty Activist

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: LHBH
"Topper" ace, never had one stick like that on a drive. Lefty forehand on #7 at Timmons.