Disc Golf Store
Old 04-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.4
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
missed skip ace

Just today i almost skip aced hole 17 at Jaycee Park in Kentwood Michigan. my doubles partner through his shot landed in a good position so i just tried to go for it for a change. normally don't even come close to hitting the basket usually release and it starts drifting left from the start. this throw started out a good distance to the right of the basket navigated the trees really well. when it hit the ground it appeared to skip off of a root bounced up slammed the chains and bounce out about 4 feet from the basket. Our league group started on hole 18 so if i would have aced 17 it would have been a real great finish to a round. I already have one ace on that course would love to have gotten a second there as well.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 101
Managed to hit metal three times this weekend, but no aces

One guy that I rode to a tournament with did manage to get one to stick on his first throw of the tourney...
Old 04-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain_ape7 View Post
Yesterday afternoon - after 18 holes - just shooting with my buddies on hole #3 310' crossed the front of the chains and basket and then skipped 30' to the left......and of course .....I missed the the bird putt!

Ah well, after 8 months of playing I've chained once, metal twice, and about four of these "near-hit shots" .....It'll come soon I hope..
It'll come when you least expect it. My first one came when I threw a shot and was like, "It's decent" and turned to grab my bag. I was caught totally by surprise when I heard the splash.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 88
Had a dyed Champion Leopard in the chains, Kaposia Hole 5. Why did you not stick? it was a beautiful and intended shot. A week early I had the same Champ Leopard just as solidly in the chains at Blue Ribbon Pines Hole 25 and it washed. We are not talking grazing the chains; we are talking as solidly in the chains as one can be and not be an ace. Those would have been sweet because both rounds were league matches.

On Thursday I scored an ace at Eagle's Edge (Brooklyn Park) Hole 1, but it was a fun shot with an SP Hurricane where I would normally throw a Ghost or Leopard. I chalk that one up to a practice ace. I need a real one badly; it has been so long since I carded one when it matters, especially considering how many in the last two years I have had on and splashed out.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 AM

Missed one yesterday at Rivery in Georgetown, Hole #2. Hit the rim of the basket and sailed left. Booo me!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 44
Missed one yesterday at Morse Beach, in Noblesville,IN. about 275', threw Prodigy M4 on a nice slight anny line, held the hole way, then nailed the basket about 3" low. It fell straight down for a simple tap-in, but first metal hit in MONTHS.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 41
Multiple metal/chain hits that didn't stick for the ACE, but one in particular stands out. It was a Maine Player's Tour tournament with a $400 ace pot. Hole #6 at Quaker Hill Farms, 200' straight shot with a high ceiling in the woods and only a 15 foot wide fairway. Threw an XD that smashed center chains but rebounded enough to teeter off the cage onto the ground.... enter sadness.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:37 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 25
Haven't had an ace in 5 years. Playing harder courses tends to do that. I thought for sure I aced hole 2 at sugaw last week. Out of all the holes, that would have been a sweet ace. Instead, it lost a little elevation at the end and hit the basket.

Still got a 2 though on a hard hole!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 82
I hit the chainring on #10 at Amelia in Miami last week then rolled directly backwards into the lake.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 27
Playing a monthly league full moon glow round, I just missed Canyon Park hole 3, 229' straight shot (slight downhill). Hit chains and everything, spit out 2' from the basket.
Still searching for second ace.