Disc Golf Store
  #111  
Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 AM
smyith's Avatar
smyith smyith is offline
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksenior View Post
it's tough to decide whether to vote for your favorites or the ones you think will win.
i voted for ones i like. the matchups were i didnt care for either i went with which i thought was a better overall disc.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM
doctor professor's Avatar
doctor professor doctor professor is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 916
Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 18
Posts: 594
Voted! Great thread
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:09 AM
JAKE master's Avatar
JAKE master JAKE master is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Woods of CT
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,394
final 4 prediction via some big upsets, pd tb comet and buzz.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:20 AM
theabacus theabacus is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Courses Played: 26
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksenior View Post
Just voted. Firebird v Magic was my toughest - but in the end has to be the Firebird.

Kudos for doing this!!!

...I do like my Magic's, but they don't stand a chance against the Firebird. Noticed that the PD and Banshee were matched up. Aren't those somewhat similar?
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Menacewarf's Avatar
Menacewarf Menacewarf is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Maine
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
you should probably add this to the OP or start a new thread. these are going to get buried.
Thanks for the bump.

West Bracket

North Bracket

South Bracket

East Bracket

We have about 50 -60 votes for each so far so we are starting to get a pretty decent sample size. Keep the votes coming and I'd love to see some brackets. I won't be able to post one until tomorrow.

Also since this is all for fun please refrain from any multiple voting. It's nice we don't have to log in to take the survey cause it keeps this process streamlined. Survey monkey seems to have some IP address redundancy code to prevent voting twice built in which is great but if your IP address resets or if you change computers obviously this won't matter. Let's keep this fun and fair and see how our collective tastes end up!!
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:28 AM
jdw80550's Avatar
jdw80550 jdw80550 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Greeley, CO
Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,763
This is a fantastic idea!!!! I was super impressed, and thanks for all the hardwork that went into creating this.

First big upset I see if the the OLF over the Pure. I love that the Orc and Beast are going head to head, great historical context.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 AM
jksenior's Avatar
jksenior jksenior is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlotte
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by theabacus View Post
...I do like my Magic's, but they don't stand a chance against the Firebird. Noticed that the PD and Banshee were matched up. Aren't those somewhat similar?
I was actually thinking Wizard not Magic. So I'm with you on the FB. Have the irebird in the final 4.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Menacewarf's Avatar
Menacewarf Menacewarf is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Maine
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by theabacus View Post
...I do like my Magic's, but they don't stand a chance against the Firebird. Noticed that the PD and Banshee were matched up. Aren't those somewhat similar?
I made a small effort to separate similar style molds but could have went around and around all night so at a certain point just called it good.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:58 AM
BogeyNoMore's Avatar
BogeyNoMore BogeyNoMore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Walled Lake, MI
Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 164
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menacewarf View Post
Thanks for the bump.

West Bracket

North Bracket

South Bracket

East Bracket

We have about 50 -60 votes for each so far so we are starting to get a pretty decent sample size. Keep the votes coming and I'd love to see some brackets. I won't be able to post one until tomorrow.

Also since this is all for fun please refrain from any multiple voting. It's nice we don't have to log in to take the survey cause it keeps this process streamlined. Survey monkey seems to have some IP address redundancy code to prevent voting twice built in which is great but if your IP address resets or if you change computers obviously this won't matter. Let's keep this fun and fair and see how our collective tastes end up!!
I clicked bracket link, but it didn't work like the CBS or ESPN brackets, and it doesn't seem well formatted to print on a letter size page and I don't have time to figure it out at work.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 03-21-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
 

  #120  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Menacewarf's Avatar
Menacewarf Menacewarf is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Maine
Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I clicked bracket link, but it didn't work like the CBS or ESPN brackets, and it doesn't seem well formatted to print on a letter size page and I don't have time to figure it out at work.
I agree. I am looking into a different site now
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.