Old 03-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHBH
^ maybe its not the same program but i thought you were supposed to putt daily in two nonconsecutive 15 min sessions? With two identical putters?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by justactnormal View Post
The plastic doesn't feel soft, and it's not classic soft, but they've dinged up as badly as DX. I've been very surprised as it's only been a week. That's not really helping my confidence much at all b/c I don't want to kill my putters from practicing.
I also use the judges. I have 2 first run classic soft judges, I have not had any issues with gouging. I did mess one up a bit when I tried driving it, and nailing a tree about 15 feet off the tee, but no gouges. Are you using the firm judge?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 26
I'm trying to transition to Challengers, but I've got a higher percentage rate by putting with my Zones on a flex line.

Can't complain with what's working though.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 38
Been having some success with my Challengers. I am starting to give my Soft Ion a try, it seems like it might be a better wind fighter with a very similar feel to the challenger. The top is softer of course but it seems like a great putter.

When its crazy windy though I pull out my Sinus.

I have also been using a pure for approach shots and recently Ive suck an 80 footer and a 50 footer with it... so yeah its staying in the bag haha.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:01 PM

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 22
Money putter

Just use what feels best in your hand that's what I do. The money putter feels great in my hand compared to other putters
Old 03-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicko View Post
I also use the judges. I have 2 first run classic soft judges, I have not had any issues with gouging. I did mess one up a bit when I tried driving it, and nailing a tree about 15 feet off the tee, but no gouges. Are you using the firm judge?
Nay, Classic. I picked em up at the DD store. They had Classic, Classic Soft and Biofuzion I think. Love the feel out of the box, but I'm just worried about the amount of damage they've taken.

Since they're made by Lat, I do wish for simplicity's sake, that they used the same name for their plastics. I understand wanting to separate things for brand identity, but it's getting a little overwhelming when you walk in the store. I love Gold Line and Tourney, but not for putters. Opto and VIP also $$, but not for putters. Now there's Fuzion, BioFuzion, Lucid, Classic, Classic Soft, Zero Soft, Zero Firm, RGL, EZE, TM, TM2 and I'm probably forgetting some. Maybe my brain is just full. I solidly feel that Swedish plastic is second to none, but it's getting to be a bit much. I can only imagine a store trying to keep up on stock with the relatively recent explosion of manufacturers and plastic types.

Sorry, off topic rant. The Classic doesn't say firm, so I don't know if there's another blend out there, but it feels like a firm grippy Elite X. Grippier than Pro, not as hard as KC Pro, stiffer than R-Pro or Soft X. I better stop before my brain explodes.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 61
Throwing Style: LHBH
Old 03-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 42
Wizard. The wizard is the best putter made. Nikko made so many huge putts with his wizard and its obviously the kind of putter you use or else anyone could be nikko. Every company has a wiz knock off why not go for the original.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 199
Use a round putter. The other don't work as well. Bounce outs are a b*tch.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 34
I started with Aviars (wasn't long before I switched), got a wizard, I enjoyed it quite a bit, got another. Recently I wanted to try the firm judges before they came out so I switched to pures until they did to get a feel for shallow rim, I liked them but I wasn't consistent. I switched to the firm judges and loved them, I got 6 first runs, but I always felt in the back of my mind that I was better with the wizards.... I took my wizards out one day and hit 10 or so 20-45'' putts... Needless to say, I don't use my judges anymore....